Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I know the mock-up competition is over but since then I have been working on what I would like to see as a webOS tablet. The number would indicate the size of the screen so if there were different tablet sizes then HP would call them HP Slick 5, Slick 10, etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by benthe1; 11/18/2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: insert picture
    and ... did you create one yourself? There was one in the competition that actually won one of teh three spots.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    and ... did you create one yourself? There was one in the competition that actually won one of teh three spots.
    Yes, this is the one I worked on. Sorry... you commented before I attached the file. Here it is. I made a phone for the competition but it didn't make the top ten so you probably didn't see it in detail.
    Nicely done... I'd really suggest getting rid of the rounded back though. It would need to lay flat on a surface and not rock on a curved back to be useful. Other than that, looks good!
    I agree with HelloNNNewman. I also like less rounded devices, iphone4 blown up would be pretty good IMHO
    There are some really terrific ideas in this concept - nice work.

You CAN, if you like, keep some of the rounding of the back at the edges, and then flatten it at, say, 20% or 30% of the way in from the edge, but no more than that.

That should provide more than enoughflat stable surface for the slab to firmly rest on, and still keep away from the risk of the slab rocking when being used, and if you do this correctly, you can make it LOOK like its curved more than it really is - perhaps that's a good compromise between design and functionality for you.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nicely done... I'd really suggest getting rid of the rounded back though. It would need to lay flat on a surface and not rock on a curved back to be useful. Other than that, looks good!
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I agree with HelloNNNewman. I also like less rounded devices, iphone4 blown up would be pretty good IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    There are some really terrific ideas in this concept - nice work.

You CAN, if you like, keep some of the rounding of the back at the edges, and then flatten it at, say, 20% or 30% of the way in from the edge, but no more than that....
    Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't think about the rounded back being a problem but now that you mention it I will definitely change that part of the design to make it more functional. Thanks for the suggestions LCGuy.
  8. OrR
    Looks reasonably awesome. B) Except for the title bar which should really move to the top in landscape.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    IMO, it needs the rubber/gel type back that the HP Slate has.