Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who else does this? I sometimes take my old centro out of hiding, charge it up and play around with it still. I did this yesterday and forgot about the "universal search" that it had on it. It has a find option that will search your documents, pics, videos, music, contacts, apps. A lot more than the current universal search searches for. But hopefully 2.0 is bringing all that back. Also the fact that I was able to play music while doing whatever else on my phone was, at the time, multi tasking hotness. I had the teal OS theme on my centro. Anyone else have that? It was pretty much a webOS theme that had cards and the webOS launcher. Being on AT&T at the time and watching the Pre come out on Sprint, thats the best I had. But for the Centro, it was cool. Anyways, I was just reminiscing last night with my old centro and wanted to share and see if anyone else does that. Hopefully I'm not the only tech geek on here. lol
    I use my old centro as a spare battery charger
    I don't think my old Treo will even turn on....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My old GSM Centro still in my drawer, has some of my old data. But I'm on Bell now so it'll never get reactivated.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i use my treo650 as an alarm clock... i had an alarm clock app that turned the WHOLE screen into a snooze button... and a cancel at the very bottom.

MUCH easier
    I have used it while waiting for a replacement Pre to arrive. I forgot how much I liked my Pre until I did that. I also forgot how good the PIM functionality in PalmOS is.

I may need to reactivate to save the data-plan cost, and only use my Pre over wifi. After playing around with my Centro recently, I'm reminded that it will be painful.
  7.    #7  
    Palm OS had a lot of cool stuff on it. I don't know why they couldn't have transferred a lot of it to WebOS.
    I still have my old Centro, plus my old Sony Clie TH-55 and Palm IIIC. All are charged (although the Sony is having problems) and I'll sometimes play with them. While I don't rely on the data on them, there are still some cool little games and the like.

Plus, as was previously mentioned, I use the Centro as my spare battery charger.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I still use my Treo for Smart Money that can sync to my laptop.
    I use my old treo 680 to listen to music (with external speakers), i still use the calender, it still has holidays. My favorite app, planetarium is still functional.
    I keep my Centro out near my desk, plugged in and charging up. I HotSync every once in a while, especially for Epocrates. Sometimes I forget how to use it, and I have to stop and think how to do things.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    I've been using my centro for PIM functions not available on the pre. (agendus, brainforest, and especially the desktop). I had my first ever problem with my sprint pre, and since I was traveling and couldn't be home to get it fixed, I had sprint turn the centro back on. Since the pre works fine with wifi, I am in no great hurry to switch it back.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Use my 755p as an mp3 player since I can use music to go on Rhapsody with Pocket Tunes.
    I have an old centro with a bad ESN that I have my kids using to play games, listen to music and watch movies on while in the car.
    My son is still using my Treo 755p and I had bought it used.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I don't have any old Palm phones, but occasionally I'll dig out my old T|X and play with it. I have been debating giving it to my son (2yrs old) to play with so he will stop swiping my phone. I guess to me it's just sad to see such a still capable little piece of hardware languishing in a desk drawer when it is still completely functional, so I am trying hard to find some kind of use for it.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    i use my treo650 as an alarm clock... i had an alarm clock app that turned the WHOLE screen into a snooze button... and a cancel at the very bottom.

MUCH easier
    Timepiece does this too... much easier than the stock app's snooze/dismiss buttons that are too easy to miss, especially when sleepy. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I still have my old Visor Delux, Visor Prism, about 20 springboard modules, External Pen/Pad that syncs (pretty cool), Treo 700p (my 650p got stolen), and an unlocked GSM Centrol.

I used the centro last month in Europe.

I really should let my kids play with it all - some very cool games and stuff, but I'm a bit o/c, and like my collection.

Even getting a Folio soon, not kidding...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I still use Treo 750, because that can input a multi-language at the same time.
    I still have my Kyocera 6035, 7135, Treo 650 & 700p. I use the 650 for CallRec, recording speaking engagements, the 700p with its 8GB card still has Tangled, my birding app, which I use when birdwatching. My son pulls out his Centro every once and a while....
    Here's the most recent reunion pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast