Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I've said it before i'm going to say it again... this was just a small lube job till CES...

    haha lube job, greasin the chains like the smooth buttery os that webos is going to develop into
  2. #22  
    ps anotonio, palms booth is pretty big, i just checked it out and its pretty sizeable... and yes, i kno, thats what she said...
  3. #23  
    Oh relax. First off, Palm is now part of HP. Is HP doomed?

    Uh... no.

    HP made good money this year. And it looks like they're working hard on becoming an end to end provider. Palm has a place in that vision, but remember, Palm is a part of a larger company.

    Will HP give Palm what it needs to deliver over the next 12 months. Well, we'll see in January. But trust me, Palm is fine, and will be fine.
  4. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #24  
    can I haz 2.0 now?
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  5. #25  
    I stated this seemingly overlooked fact before: Apple was "doomed" just a few years ago...

    Tech and Tech companies can change rather dramatically in a short period of time.
    I see pandas.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    When the "more than one large player" roster includes RIM, Apple, and Microsoft (all with significantly better products than HP offers), I'm not really sure what webOS' niche will be.
    I would disagree that those are "better products". I've used all 3 brands and WebOS is the best in my eyes, I don't think I'm alone in this thought process.
  7. #27  
    Depends how HP handles things.

    I for one don't care for hp. That's what scares me most, their stupidity.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I've said it before i'm going to say it again... this was just a small lube job till CES... thats the ONLY thing we can do. Sood said the hardware is amazing MONTHS ago.. So we'll be the judge of that!!! CES countdown!!!

    [url]

    53 days 11 hours 54 minutes left!!! there is a countdown on homepage.
    LOL, you've tempted me to write a countdown app... Do we know if/when HP/Palm will be doing a presentation?
  9. #29  
    With CES coming up, the Pre 2 is not the focus of the company. That much should be clear. What they have also done is made the phone available without being tied to a wireless carrier. That means they don't have to pick and choose their customers. Those who want the phone can now get it and activate it on their carrier of choice (that use the particular cell radio that the UK Pre 2 has). HP most likely felt they weren't going to get a big enough audience for this phone tied to a single carrier. Untying it allows them to get the largest audience they can, limited, of course, by the full retail pricing (though it is low).

    This really has zero bearing on the viability of Palm. CES is what will do that. Even after the new phones come out, I still may get a Pre 2 for myself on Verizon when my new every 2 hits (usually in 18 months, sometimes you can get it earlier). We'll see. The best thing that can happen to Palm is getting WebOS on 4-5 form factors plus a tablet. That will really get the sales going and greatly increase the base.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Depends how HP handles things.

    I for one don't care for hp. That's what scares me most, their stupidity.
    I don't know if HP is "stupid", however it really does depend on how HP handles things. I just wish I know what they were doing with the Pre 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    With CES coming up, the Pre 2 is not the focus of the company. That much should be clear. What they have also done is made the phone available without being tied to a wireless carrier. That means they don't have to pick and choose their customers. Those who want the phone can now get it and activate it on their carrier of choice (that use the particular cell radio that the UK Pre 2 has). HP most likely felt they weren't going to get a big enough audience for this phone tied to a single carrier. Untying it allows them to get the largest audience they can, limited, of course, by the full retail pricing (though it is low).

    This really has zero bearing on the viability of Palm. CES is what will do that. Even after the new phones come out, I still may get a Pre 2 for myself on Verizon when my new every 2 hits (usually in 18 months, sometimes you can get it earlier). We'll see. The best thing that can happen to Palm is getting WebOS on 4-5 form factors plus a tablet. That will really get the sales going and greatly increase the base.
    I hope CES will put Palm back in the limelight, because I have faith in HP in actually taking that and running with it. Unlike in 2009 in how Palm pretty much ignored it.
  11. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #31  
    WHO CARES?!?!?! There's more REAL devices coming from HP/Palm -let them come!!! Geez! I mean, isn't Palm supposed to have been 'dead' by now!?!?! HP has the money & force to push Palm -and they're not going to let it drift by.

    Good criminy, give it a few months & unwrinkle your panties already!! "DOOM" postings are being thrown around like candy @ Halloween!
  12. #32  
    my guess will be that palm will not have anymore phones released under the palm name. it will have the palm/hp name on it and then eventually just hp. so, palm maybe doomed.

    either way, webos will live on and thats what it really is all about isnt it?
  13. #33  
    Why not just use the product you bought and let the big picture take care of itself? Honestly with some of these drama queens you'd think the planet was facing an imminent extinction level event!
    *sheesh*
  14. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #34  
    Palm is dead and has been since they were taken over - In five years, while HPWebOS might still exist, I doubt the palm brand name will still exist.
  15. #35  
    the OP wasn't worried about the brand, but the actual products.

    it reminds me of the old song:

    doom, dispair
    and agony on me
    deep dark depression
    excessive misery

    if it weren't for bad luck
    I'd have no luck at all
    doom, despair, and agony on me.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the OP wasn't worried about the brand, but the actual products.

    it reminds me of the old song:

    doom, dispair
    and agony on me
    deep dark depression
    excessive misery

    if it weren't for bad luck
    I'd have no luck at all
    doom, despair, and agony on me.
    Exactly. I do like Palm, but thats only because of WebOS. I want it to be successful but if it's not then we all will loose a very good OS.
  17. #37  
    52 days 21 hours till CES 2011 International CES, January 6-9 there is a countdown timer on the homepage.
  18. #38  
    Palm has their own booth under the palm name ay CES

    2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory
  19. #39  
    Interesting. Rojas definitely has the right type of connections to know what's in the pipeline.

    The myth of HP taking CES over with a series of knockout punch announcements is really getting a bit absurd. People seem to forget that HP has never indicated anything of the sort for CES and whatever rumors about a major CES announcement are made up by the same people that dreamed up C40 specs for half a year.
  20. #40  
    The rats are leaving;is the ship sinking? See:

    "Why I'm Dropping My Palm Pre"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions