1.    #1  
    The new Nexus S looks extremely similar to the Palm Superior. What do you think?

http://images.precentral.net/sites/p...jose-b-450.jpg
    This is the Nexus S -- Engadget
    Last edited by treetom; 11/14/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    If only something like this ran WebOS.... plz CES don't disappoint!
    Resembles an iPhone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Anyone else notice what appears to be a touchstonesque pair of charging prongs?
  5.    #6  
    I noticed those Touchstone like contacts right away. Hope the unique features of Palm aren't lost to slow releases.
  6.    #8  
    Maybe HPalm will announce a phone like this at Web 2.0 conference...
    ^^ I hope not.
    Those definitely look like inductive charging contacts. Really, what else could they be?

And yes, Palm should DEFINITELY release a phone exactly like that! It's beautiful.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treetom View Post
    Maybe HPalm will announce a phone like this at Web 2.0 conference...
    Rahul Sood just tweeted: " tomorrow should be an interesting day....", I hope it has something to do with a new phone, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.
  10.    #12  
    Not a fan of the Superior form factor Rush? I mean, I would prefer a portrait slider myself, but would gladly take this if given the choice between the Pre HD and Superior.

As far as contacts go, I would say most definitely they are. Is that a patented idea or even patentable? I know inductive charging is not a new idea, but in the phone industry it is.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yes, bring on the Superior!! I'm two weeks into my Evo, and although I desperately miss webOS I have fallen for the large screen to the point that I could never see going back to my Pre. However, I'd go back to the Pre before the 30 day trial was up if I knew I could get something like the Superior in a couple months. I know that's a dream, though, because Palm is all about secrecy, and not giving us a single thing to hang our hats on. Which is why so many have jumped ship.....
  12.    #14  
    We can only wait and see. Hope your 30 days holds out...
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    Rahul Sood just tweeted: " tomorrow should be an interesting day....", I hope it has something to do with a new phone, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.
    It sure did not have anything to do with a new phone.
    Last edited by stung; 11/15/2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

you made my day!

i never really noticed the similarities to my suppyHD design until i saw this pic...
    it makes me smile
  15.    #17  
    I almost flipped out when I saw the photo of the Nexus S the first time. Thought maybe it was an HP employee baiting the waters during the contest to see if there would be any demand of the candy bar design with the Superior. But was destroyed after seeing it was another Android device. Only CES can give us new found hope in the webOS OS.