1.    #1  
    So looks like samsung gets the first leak of the A9. According to engadget samsung has a duel core cortex A9 with a quad core mali gpu. according to the article we could be seeing devices with the new chipset by end of this year. HP/palm better have something lined up. Im sure they do but as everyone says a little leak or proof to ease the minds of the loyal would be nice.

Samsung Orion dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 chip spotted in the wild -- Engadget
    I know HP is a big company but are they that good @ keeping the lid on new hardware? This Webos (hopefully) launch of new hardware by or at CES should have a leak by now. This is driving me crazy not having a little peak of what the Webos future looks like. C'mon HP employees.......throw us a bone!!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    dont you guys remember when before the pre, no one knew the form factor or had even seen a blurry pic of the phone. palm is pretty close guarded when it comes to leaks
    I agree about leeks. CES is an industry event, and not something joe consumer pays attention to.

palm needs to run a bunch of ads during the superbowl just so consumers know they are still around.
  5.    #5  
    when palm released the first pre they were being super quite because they were expecting it to blow away the competition. Now that we know it didn't consumers like me are a little more concerned. People want to know what to expect. Now I do have faith however my day 1 pre is starting to fall apart. It still would be nice to know what's coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    So looks like samsung gets the first leak of the A9. According to engadget samsung has a duel core cortex A9 with a quad core mali gpu. according to the article we could be seeing devices with the new chipset by end of this year. HP/palm better have something lined up. Im sure they do but as everyone says a little leak or proof to ease the minds of the loyal would be nice.

Samsung Orion dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 chip spotted in the wild -- Engadget
    The ARM Cortex-A9 is a chip core design. Manufacturers then get to license the design and make complete systems on a chip (SOC) out of them using other components. Samsung is one of those manufacturers. Texas Instruments is another (OMAP 4430/4440). Samsung may have beaten TI to the market with their chip, but they both probably got access to the design at the same time.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Nvidia had the first cortex A9 dual core in the tegra 2 , they been showing it off since earlier this year. We should see it about the same time if not earlier than the Orion.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    TI has had their OMAP4 chip far longer. It's just the quantities being manufactured.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0