Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi All -

I've been having battery life issues of late (well, ever since I upgraded to 1.4.5). I even backed down from 1Ghz to 800/500mhz screenstate, but I'm still eating through Mah.

I'm trying everything to figure out why, and I noticed that top says the Luna process often takes 40% of the CPU. It seems to hover around 20-25%, sometimes dips down as low as 5%, and very often spikes to 40%. Sometimes it even spikes to 60+%. This is with nothing else running except the terminal window that's hosting top.

I know there's a lot that Luna is doing at any given time, but that number struck me as a little high, and might be one explanation why my battery life sucks.

So, how much CPU does Luna take on your device?

Thanks,
    Noah
    May I know the app that can be used to find this x% of cpu info?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    May I know the app that can be used to find this x% of cpu info?
    Linux command line tool "top".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not a developer, but in the world of computing 40% is too much for any OS or background process.

the only thing that I do that can hammer a cpu like that is editing and rendering hi resolution videos and home movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm not a developer, but in the world of computing 40% is too much for any OS or background process.

the only thing that I do that can hammer a cpu like that is editing and rendering hi resolution videos and home movies.
    My image was from launching Dr.Battery, open calibrate scene and have 4 app in background (mail, spaz, messages and Governor).
    Laying on the TS I get around 3-6% total.
    They are definitively doing something wrong. I have seen this some time ago running top in novacom shell and the screen was dimmed, also no graphic rendering at all should have been happening... Govnah sometimes shows here over 10 load, which is outrageous. I hope with 2.0 this would be better...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    did you open jstop to see what's running?

also, don't leave jstop or govnah running during normal use because they tax the cpu constantly. Make sure you don't have automatic garbage collection enabled in jstop.

something is running in the background and probably hammering the 3g radio (which is the biggest power sucker). That's way too much cpu for an idle phone. If all else fails, doctor and then patch slowly to see if there is something that increases utilization.