Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I think I would break that phone. I never bought a razr because I was concerned about breaking it. I'm sure it would be a cool form factor for people but I would be very cautious about carrying that around.
    I like. Looks like a tv
    I prefer the pre's form factor. Even more the pre 2.
    Wow, the profile on that thing is unreal. It looks almost iPhone 4-thin.
  5.    #6  
    Yeah, now combine that with Palm's hardware designers and it'd be an incredible phone.
    My RAZR fell out of my motorcycle jacket at 120mph. I never did find the battery, which directly led to me purchasing my Pre, but the phone itself just had some minor scrapes and it worked great with my other RAZR's battery installed.
    I love the slim profile but 4.3 seems to be a little much... I think up to and including 4" is fine by me
    It's thicker than the iPhone 4 and the Droid X (13MM vs iPhone's 9.3mm and Droid X's 10.2 MM).
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    +1
    Okay, can I go ahead and say "yuck"?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    a phone like that may lead me to abandon webos
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Wow. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Really? because the other day I was hanging out with my friends, one has an iphone4, another has the HTC Evo, the other has the Samsung Epic. There I am with my Pre feeling my phone has an outdated form factor. Also having the lowest screen resolution, lowest MP camera, only 1 camera, no auto focus, no barcode scanner. We def. need better hardware. If HP/Palm doesn't announce anything soon they are really going to lose a lot of current Sprint pre users.
    Ideally we want something like the iphone4 or htc evo with a gesture area. We need something thin, big screen, high resolution, auto focus camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, can I go ahead and say "yuck"?
    That was my first thought. I hate this trend to huge but thin and the bezel and buttons on that thing look so last century.
    2 things

1. One of my favorite things about webOS is the lack of need for buttons. I have an original sprint Pre so it does have the little chrome ball, but they upgraded for the pre plus to show that webOS needs a gesture area, but no actual buttons are needed or used to navigate, which is just pure genius

2. I thought the advancement in technology was that we could produce things smaller, so we no longer have to carry around a huge hand bag in order to use a phone or have to fill up a whole room in order to have a computer. As far as size goes I wouldn't want anything smaller (screen wise I mean) than the Pre, but I also have no desire for a phone that looks like I'm trying to hide an ipad in my pants!
    Some people want that, but also some don't

Ultimately my point is everyone has somethign different they want. If you are around your friends and feel belittled by their phones then that's your own thing. I can't wait for a new device to come out, but until then I'll keep proudly using my pre because the OS blows all other OS's out the water and I constantly prove it to friends. Not in a my phone is better than yours but in a positive way of showing them how it works and what it can accomplish.

My point is if every single one of us put up a "This is what Hpalm needs their next phone to be" almost all of them would be different. When they come out with a new device, some are gonna like it some are not, but hopefully as stated they will release multiple devices in 2011 in order to try and get into something at least close to what different groups of people desire in a phones form factor.

For me I would like a screen between 3.5-3.8 but that's just my personal preference.

However for me the only positive I can see in a 4.3" screen phone, is that it will definitely never go through the wash, because it would be impossible to forget that things is in your pocket. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    That was my first thought. I hate this trend to huge but thin and the bezel and buttons on that thing look so last century.
    bezel and buttons was the yuck for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    2 things

1. One of my favorite things about webOS is the lack of need for buttons. I have an original sprint Pre so it does have the little chrome ball, but they upgraded for the pre plus to show that webOS needs a gesture area, but no actual buttons are needed or used to navigate, which is just pure genius

2. I thought the advancement in technology was that we could produce things smaller, so we no longer have to carry around a huge hand bag in order to use a phone or have to fill up a whole room in order to have a computer. As far as size goes I wouldn't want anything smaller (screen wise I mean) than the Pre, but I also have no desire for a phone that looks like I'm trying to hide an ipad in my pants!
    Some people want that, but also some don't

Ultimately my point is everyone has somethign different they want. If you are around your friends and feel belittled by their phones then that's your own thing. I can't wait for a new device to come out, but until then I'll keep proudly using my pre because the OS blows all other OS's out the water and I constantly prove it to friends. Not in a my phone is better than yours but in a positive way of showing them how it works and what it can accomplish.

My point is if every single one of us put up a "This is what Hpalm needs their next phone to be" almost all of them would be different. When they come out with a new device, some are gonna like it some are not, but hopefully as stated they will release multiple devices in 2011 in order to try and get into something at least close to what different groups of people desire in a phones form factor.

For me I would like a screen between 3.5-3.8 but that's just my personal preference.

However for me the only positive I can see in a 4.3" screen phone, is that it will definitely never go through the wash, because it would be impossible to forget that things is in your pocket. :P
    All that can be said to the above is you don't have much requirements, which is fine, but blowing other OS out of the water is an opinion, not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    bezel and buttons was the yuck for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    For some, keyboards are last century, along with vertical slide. You yuck at a couple of bezel buttons but have no problem with a keyboard full of buttons. And just because RIM came out with it's own vertical slider does not justify the Pre's form factor in this day and age, it just confirms a mistake.
    lol more speculation again. we should just make a fictitious name and just say "if they had this phone" they would be a success.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Really? because the other day I was hanging out with my friends, one has an iphone4, another has the HTC Evo, the other has the Samsung Epic. There I am with my Pre feeling my phone has an outdated form factor.
    What on god's green earth is an "outdated form factor"? Some folks want smaller phones, some folks want bigger. It's always been like that, it'll always be like that.

Sheesh, people, find something else to identify with other than the shape of your mobile device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast