Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post

For some, keyboards are last century, along with vertical slide. You yuck at a couple of bezel buttons but have no problem with a keyboard full of buttons. And just because RIM came out with it's own vertical slider does not justify the Pre's form factor in this day and age, it just confirms a mistake.
    Uh-oh, portrail sliders are a mistake? Someone tell Motorola and Dell quick!

/smh
  2.    #22  
    I'm not a big fan of slide out keyboards but they can be done such that they don't look dated (e.g. Samsung Epic - the keyboard, not the whole phone, and t-mobile G2).
    You yuck at a couple of bezel buttons but have no problem with a keyboard full of buttons.
    no problem at all. when i'm not typing, my phone is closed and i can't see the buttons. and when i am typing, i really like that keyboard full of buttons. plus, i don't really see them when i'm typing, just the nice, smooth, button-less (mostly; pre minus) front of my phone. i'm pretty happy with the current situation as far as that goes. no problem at all.
    It's not hard to make a phone that thin. The vast majority of real estate in a smartphone nowadays is the battery. I would think that phone would have horrible battery life. Does it even have a battery??
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    no problem at all. when i'm not typing, my phone is closed and i can't see the buttons. and when i am typing, i really like that keyboard full of buttons. plus, i don't really see them when i'm typing, just the nice, smooth, button-less (mostly; pre minus) front of my phone. i'm pretty happy with the current situation as far as that goes. no problem at all.
    Circular argument, with a a dash of convenient rationalization.
    Circular argument, with a a dash of convenient rationalization.
    i really shouldn't bite, but i don't think i see how you're labeling the statement as a being a circular arguement. are you saying that i am relying on the fact that i like the pre to support the fact that i like the pre?

it really just comes down to that if i saw both phones sitting on my desk, with the pre closed as is it's usual state, i would think it looks way better than the other.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    It's not hard to make a phone that thin. The vast majority of real estate in a smartphone nowadays is the battery. I would think that phone would have horrible battery life. Does it even have a battery??
    Given that the iPhone is even thinner and its battery is MUCH, MUCH better than the Pre/Plus/2's, what makes you think a thin phone has to have poor battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Given that the iPhone is even thinner and its battery is MUCH, MUCH better than the Pre/Plus/2's, what makes you think a thin phone has to have poor battery life.
    Nevermind, it looked much thinner than it really is. In reality, my Palm Pixi is thinner than the X10.

I do think that the aesthetics of the X10 deliberately make the phone appear thinner than it is, with its somewhat concave appearance. Kudos to Sony for that.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    All that can be said to the above is you don't have much requirements, which is fine, but blowing other OS out of the water is an opinion, not fact.

For some, keyboards are last century, along with vertical slide. You yuck at a couple of bezel buttons but have no problem with a keyboard full of buttons. And just because RIM came out with it's own vertical slider does not justify the Pre's form factor in this day and age, it just confirms a mistake.
    I completely agree with you. When the EVO was first announced I wanted that phone so bad and I was set on getting it. Then the Epic was announced and I had a choice to make. I choose the Epic. To be honest I kind of regret my choice because of the keyboard. I almost never use my physical keyboard on my Epic because of Swype. People don't realize that you don't need a physical keyboard because of intuitive programs like Swype. I must say that webOS has the best UI of all the OS's out but doesn't have the hardware like Android or iOS behind it. One of the reasons Android is doing so well is because there are so many chooses of phones to pick from. I understand that quantity doesn't equal quality but if you do have quantity you will have choice which leads to a variety of quality and price. I'm so glad that HP will be releasing more webOS phones next year so I have choice in what webOS phones I can choose from(if any come to Sprint). If no webOS phones come to Sprint then I will probably get a webOS tablet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12