1.    #1  
    The new Archos 70 and 101 (7 inch and 10 inch) tablets run Android 2.2. But, with a capacitive touchscreen, camera, 800 MHz / 1GHz (respectively) arm cpu, and accelerometer they are a great match for WebOS. They would only need to modify the capacitive area to include a gesture area. Prices are $250 and $300 respectively.

It would be nice to get WebOS on devices outside of HPalm. And at $250 I'd get a couple for grandparents in care homes. Because WebOS+Facebook+GMail+Games would be an awesome care package. All that is missing is Skype on WebOS.
    I don't think you will see webOS on any devices outside of HP any time soon. HP spent 5.2 Billion to get Palms intellectual property and webOS. It is not likely that they would franchise webOS out until they prove to themselves how it handles on multiple devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I don't think you will see webOS on any devices outside of HP any time soon. HP spent 5.2 Billion to get Palms intellectual property and webOS. It is not likely that they would franchise webOS out until they prove to themselves how it handles on multiple devices.
    Actually around 1.2 Billion
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    It would be nice to get WebOS on devices outside of HPalm. And at $250 I'd get a couple for grandparents in care homes. Because WebOS+Facebook+GMail+Games would be an awesome care package. All that is missing is Skype on WebOS.
    Would it be nice? Sure. but I sorta want the approach that Apple took in that they take care of their own products, hardware and software. WebOS will stay in HP products for a while.
    i still wish htc would of bought palm.
    Archos? Partnership? HP is the last company that needs Archos as a partner. We don't need mediocre hardware.