1.    #1  
    I have successfully updated my Treo 180g with the GPRS Update, however, since the update I am not able to connect to my dial up ISPs. I am more interested in this feature than in GPRS and therefore I would prefer to wait for Handspring to release the worlwide GPRS release (maybe this problem will be fixed by then).

Is it possible to revert back to the old version by running the Treo Update 1.0.? Will this pose any problems? Please advise.

Thanks,

Ricky
    Originally posted by softcorner
    I have successfully updated my Treo 180g with the GPRS Update, however, since the update I am not able to connect to my dial up ISPs. I am more interested in this feature than in GPRS and therefore I would prefer to wait for Handspring to release the worlwide GPRS release (maybe this problem will be fixed by then).

Is it possible to revert back to the old version by running the Treo Update 1.0.? Will this pose any problems? Please advise.

Thanks,

Ricky
    There's no reason why you can't use CSD after the update. I do it all the time. The update is red herring.
  3.    #3  
    I have tried all types of combinations but I cannot get my dial up ISP to connect after the GPRS update (no problems before the update). One thing I noticed is that there is no longer an option to set PPP in the Network Preferences. I just can't think of anything else.

I've even updated my Treo once again with the GPRS update, which went along without a hitch, except for I still cannot dial up to my ISP. I have 2 dial up ISPs and both are no longer working. I get a time out error while its negotiating.

Any ideas?
    My dialup works fine with the GPRS update. Port the error message that you are getting.
  5.    #5  
    I get the following error "Connection timed out. Please try again (0x1231)" error. This never happened before the update. It happens on both my ISPs.
    Er...did you disconnect from GPRS before connecting again using csd?
    Make sure you still have your data line on your account. When I added my GPRS service the person that added it thought I didn't want my data line anymore and took it off. I had to call back and get it added back on.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  8.    #8  
    My ISPs are still current and active. This appears to be a common problem with many users that have updated their units with the GPRS patch, as can be seen in many of the threads. I hope the next GPRS version will solve this problem.

I would appreciate if somebody can find a solution for this update.

Thanks.
    I'm not asking about your ISP's. I'm asking about if your wireless service provider took off your data line or not? For example, Cingular Wireless is my Wireless Service Provider. You'll have to call you wireless service provider and make sure your data line is still active.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  10.    #10  
    My Wireless Service Provider data service is still active.
    It might sound silly. but I tried to send a fax from the Treo, and after that kept on getting Time-out errors when connecting to the ISP.

After lots of trial and error, and support desk talking (3 hours), this solution worked. Turn off the wireless, and turn it on again. A very big D'OH.

This seems to reset the modem as well. Give it a go, the worst thing is that it won't work.
  12.    #12  
    I wish it could have been that simple. I tried it but it didn't work. I still can't get my dial up ISP's to connect.
    Have you tried setting the connection type to Wireless dial-up? Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try.

FWIW, Every time I've gotten those timeout (1231) errors, it's been related to a signal strength or service availability issue.

Later,
    Rob
    Rob
  14.    #14  
    I've tried "Wireless Dialup", "Wireless Modem, and all the other setting. Nothing seems to work.