Twitter: adamcarter
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I'm just glad the stock recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    x2. That's all I really care about.
    If you read it it he's apparently not "lost."

According to that HP is hiding him. "HP doesn't deny that it's hiding Apotheker from Oracle" And he was apparently aware of SAP stealing Oracle intellectual property. Thats pretty nasty for HP considering they just hired the guy. They don't seem to be very good at hiring CEOs.

another article
    Exclusive: Oracle enlists private eyes to find HP CEO | Reuters
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    If you read it it he's apparently not "lost."

According to that HP is hiding him. "HP doesn't deny that it's hiding Apotheker from Oracle" And he was apparently aware of SAP stealing Oracle intellectual property. Thats pretty nasty for HP considering they just hired the guy. They don't seem to be very good at hiring CEOs.

another article
    Exclusive: Oracle enlists private eyes to find HP CEO | Reuters
    I honestly almost don't even care anymore...this website is practically dead...I pretty much come here to get to the TIPB link on the top of the page...I'm just waiting for Palm to announce a new, different than Pre style, phone.
    If the iPhone 5 comes out this coming summer for Verizon, with LTE to follow soon, it's gonna be hard to stick with my Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I honestly almost don't even care anymore...this website is practically dead...I pretty much come here to get to the TIPB link on the top of the page...I'm just waiting for Palm to announce a new, different than Pre style, phone.
    If the iPhone 5 comes out this coming summer for Verizon, with LTE to follow soon, it's gonna be hard to stick with my Pre...
    i'm pretty much with. you i now check tipb often too. I'm on here waiting for 2.0 update news because. I'm getting an iphone as my next phone for the music player and apps alone. And if it came to sprint i'd be in line this very second. But i'm just riding out my contract till at least January when i can get out at a cheaper rate. But now i'm just waiting. Just not for anything from HP.

Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    i feel ya. gotta get that money where you can. i'm feeling quite good with the Apple shares i grabbed on a dip back at 241 when all the know it alls especially here where telling me the antenna thing would hurt the stock. All while they had waiting lists for two products. Was never likely.
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2559358
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2566453
  7.    #7  
    yeah, when 2.0 comes out, great. But for apps, the more frequent updates, just the overall number of app choices, more support by companies (that have apps only for iOS, and perhaps android), it's just getting harder and harder. If I'm going to stick with Palm, something is going to have to really wow me before the iPhone 5 comes out. And if Palm releases a killer new phone before the iPhone 5, I'm sorry, but I am going to wait to see what the new iPhone has to offer in comparison. One thing I know though, no matter how good the new Palm phone, it won't have the app store that iOS has. Maybe in a few years, when WebOS picks up more developers (if it does) a new Palm phone might be something to get then. But it's just not there yet, in terms of the ecosystem, and at this point, hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    One thing I know though, no matter how good the new Palm phone, it won't have the app store that iOS has.
    yep and i figured it would have less volume but all the same apps from the major companies and websites. it just doesn't and life is too short. me i use my ipod light years more then my phone. i now often leave the phone in the car cause i want the pocket space and i don't make a ton of calls. so unless the music player matched my ipod AND the big apps came i'd wouldn't consider another palm phone. That's just me cause that's what i want. But the stuff they are updating or fixing i don't care about.