Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm;

I understand how you were all quiet during the acquisition, but it is past that and you are now releasing a phone.

Apparently according to people in France there were ZERO ads, promotions anything for the Pre 2. Nadda. Zip.

Now for Verizon there is nothing.

Not even an ad on tv. Nothing.

Then, when you do a press release, you just post information on your website with "coming soon" "in the coming months" yadda yadda yadda.

I want to see announcements by Jon Rubinstein, I want precise release dates for the Pre 2, precise dates for the 2.0 update release.

I want you guys to stay in contact with us!! Let us know what is up, what is going on, quit leaving us in the dark as many of us are leaving you because of it.

You need to give Palm and WebOS a face, it seems like everything is still being poorly run at Palm, you are giving us the impression like you don't care about your customers and your loyal community.

Please, you need to revamp your Public Relations Department x10.

Keep us informed.

Thank you.
    Agreed! I have no idea what they are waiting for... If they want mindshare this holiday season, they need to start NOW.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Totally Agree!!!!

I see nothing but Android and iPhone ads. Even more Blackberry ads. Of course, what exactly do they have to advertise until they release some significantly new hardware? The Pre 2?

(I hope not, it might do more harm to the brand than good.)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Totally Agree!!!!

I see nothing but Android and iPhone ads. Even more Blackberry ads. Of course, what exactly do they have to advertise until they release some significantly new hardware? The Pre 2?

(I hope not, it might do more harm to the brand than good.)
    If I was the average consumer, I would have no idea that Palm and webOS were still in existence. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    What about non-tv ads? I think Palm did a really good job with ads in France and Germany. When I was over there in July/August, I saw quite a few Pre Plus and Pixi Plus ads at the airport, on corners, at bus stops.
    I'm starting to think that there was an internal debate at HP after the acquisition. One side wanted to go ahead and release what Palm already had; the other side wanted to scrap it. I'm thinking that the side that wanted to release finally won the debate, but lost the war, as HP is not supporting it with much of a push.

The alternate view is much worse. This may be the best HP knows how to do. After all, they are not really in the smartphone business. Considering their previous efforts to sell smartphones, what they are doing with marketing the P2 is an improvement.

The only other reason I can think of is that they may have a superphone waiting in the wings, to be released very soon. If that is the case, advertising the P2 would be a blunder. The P2 may well just be a developer phone in their eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I'm starting to think that there was an internal debate at HP after the acquisition. One side wanted to go ahead and release what Palm already had; the other side wanted to scrap it. I'm thinking that the side that wanted to release finally won the debate, but lost the war, as HP is not supporting it with much of a push.
    I think there is a lot of merit in this thought. After all, former HP CEO did go on record in June in saying that HP wasn't interested in the smartphone business. They recanted after intense backlash from Palm users. It's never to hard to speak with a forked tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    What about non-tv ads? I think Palm did a really good job with ads in France and Germany. When I was over there in July/August, I saw quite a few Pre Plus and Pixi Plus ads at the airport, on corners, at bus stops.
    seems like tv is what matters in the us, unless it's creepy ladies
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Wish some news would hit Sprint on new webOS hardware. Was surfing TweetMe while at work today and noticed my flawless well cared for Pre has now developed the infamous USB door crack. I've never dropped it and it is always in it's pouch/leather Palm holster. It is slowly heading toward my touchscreen. Really sad, I love this phone but if the touchscreen stops working I'm going to be really torn on what to do, I don't want to spend the money on another near 2 year old phone.

C'mon Palm/Sprint. I really want to remain a customer here. :/
    i don't think advertising the pre2 can do any harm. Fact is most people wouldn't even be aware of its shortcomings. In fact, the last person i showed my phone to had never even heard of palm! He was impressed by the touchstone though
    In the coming months, webOS users can rest assured that there will be several improvements made to the form and function of the operating system on which they so dearly cling to, however without a consumer relations v2.0 department, we are absolutely unable to grant, with any specificity, any information related to the forthcoming products and/or software as to when they may or may not be released, however I can confirm, with absolute specificity, that there will be no less than specifically one (1) software upgrade released within the next cycle of products and that the pre2 will specifically be carried on hp.com as a model and example of what may or may not be around the corner for the HP/webOS family, however dysfunctional or functional the family may be at this current generation count of 1.25 generations of product.

HP, can I have a job?
  12.    #12  
    I am not even talking about Advertising and Marketing (ads and stuff) I will agree they need to step it up in that department too, but they need to hire a Ben and Dion for a "Public Relations Team" that make videos and post information on a blog and answer our questions. There is a real grassroots feel to WebOS with this community and Palm barely interacts with us.

They need a "Steve Jobs" type person to promote their product and to be a figure head for the average consumer.

Lastly they need to have a Q and A portal to answer our questions and listen to our feedback.

And their facebook page needs to be more on their products and not peoples pictures they took with their Pre's and quizes about old products no one cares about.
    I don't think they are pushing the Pre 2 because they have new hardware coming early next year that they will push hard. Like others have said, the Pre 2 seems more like a developer phone for webOS 2.0, and it was obviously in development before the HP buyout.

The HP hardware is what they are going to push. I expect a big ad campaign early next year for the palmpad and the new webOS superphone that is rumored to be in development.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Professor Michael Roberto's Blog: Brand Deposits and Brand Withdrawals

WSJ: You're spending $1 billion to overhaul Disney California Adventure, Disneyland's less-famous neighbor. Why?

Mr. Iger: [Apple CEO] Steve Jobs is fond of talking about brand deposits and brand withdrawals. Any time you do something mediocre with your brand, that's a withdrawal. California Adventure was a brand withdrawal.

The exchange proves interesting, because it stresses that few moves by a successful differentiated brand are "neutral" - you are either adding to brand equity or you are diluting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Please, you need to revamp your Public Relations Department x10.

Keep us informed.

Thank you.

I seriously doubt their low profile is the PRPRPR $department$'$s$ $fault$. $Its$ $not$ $because$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $announce$ $something$.

clearly, they were either told not to, or not given a budget to do so.
    I totally agree.. Sometimes tough love is the only solution.
    Yeah but what are they suppose to market? They have nothing that competes yet.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    You know what worries me more than all? Rahul Sood's cooldown after initially gushing over webOS. Now it's pretty much gone. Either he's "squelched" or Palm is not doing anything hot now.

I posted to @palm saying their marketshare is dying and asking what the hay is going on. I recommend people to give them a heads up (outside or Precentral) that it's too quiet.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Let's start making noise HP Palm!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    The land of Palm is murky verry murky right now.
    A fog has descended on the forest and
    the sharp bite of cool, lonely air can be felt creeping in from the Aral sea.
    In these dark wintery days, no one has seen or heard from Palm in a long while.
    Some say Palm is spending it's days toiling away at the bench, working on a grandiose machine to be marveled.
    Others say it is awake at all hours,
    unable to let go of the past,
    unable to reconcile with the present.
    Whiling away in the sadness that was the Pre-
    Will it again be Sunny in Palm one day?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast