Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I would guess that an "Uber Best Buy" would be one that sells the most product. It would probably be located in a wealthy area lol.
    a wealthy area full of people that use the word uber? I'll stick to the Best Buy minus.

    I speak to a local palm rep on the regular and I've heard no mention of this and when I specifically ask him about hardware (every time I see him) he says he would be killed if he talked about it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMiele View Post
    a wealthy area full of people that use the word uber? I'll stick to the Best Buy minus.

    I speak to a local palm rep on the regular and I've heard no mention of this and when I specifically ask him about hardware (every time I see him) he says he would be killed if he talked about it.
    No, the customers wouldn't need to use the word "uber" lol...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    My latest Treo Pro (I have Sprint's TEP) is starting to crap out. I'm just about done getting refurbed ones..I'm sick of them failing and I'm sick of Winmo. I have held out for a long time in anticipation of a new HPalm device but every day I'm closer to just getting an Epic. I don't think I'm alone.
    If you can hold your breath till CES, you get to see what coming from HPalm.

    The problem with that is there will be significant defections by then. I guess they are planning to start over with a new set of customers.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    If you can hold your breath till CES, you get to see what coming from HPalm.

    The problem with that is there will be significant defections by then. I guess they are planning to start over with a new set of customers.
    That makes so much sense...

    It does feel like HPalm is trying to start fresh with a new customer base. It's like they are intentionally trying to lose customers...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That makes so much sense...

    It does feel like HPalm is trying to start fresh with a new customer base. It's like they are intentionally trying to lose customers...
    I don't think their plan is to loose customers. That is the effect of getting all of HP geared up to push the new HPalm stuff in their many channels. I suspect that Palm designed webOS 2.0 for the new hardware and now they have to go back and optimise it for the existing phones.

    I was sceptical that optimizing for different CPU and GPUs would be easy.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  6. #26  
    My cousins, sisters, Mother, Her mothers other daughter's only son told me that the the Palm Pad will be out tomorrow and will hold a i7 core processor with 1920 x 1080 10" screen with 3 TB of space with unlimited Cloud storage for free and only cost 100 Buck
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  7. crg28's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    My cousins, sisters, Mother, Her mothers other daughter's only son told me that the the Palm Pad will be out tomorrow and will hold a i7 core processor with 1920 x 1080 10" screen with 3 TB of space with unlimited Cloud storage for free and only cost 100 Buck
    You know that is YOU right Mr. Genealogy?
  8. #28  
    an 'uber best buy' is a store in germany...

    sometime tomorrow that will sink in fully and you will LOL
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    When did AT&T start MAKING the iPhone?
    he said he was making stuff up to entertain himself. So he made up something huge. Go big or go home!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    OK, let me preface this by saying I don't really believe this guy but...on the off-chance it's true.

    I was in a Best Buy in NYC and I saw an HP rep working with the Best Buy people, so I asked the HP rep when the first WebOS tablet would be out and he said it's already out. He claims that only in the "uber-stores" of Best Buy (his words) they already have the WebOS tablet for training the store employees AND that customers can try it out too. (I told him, "No, I don't mean the HP Slate with Windows 7, I mean the one with WebOS." He assured me it was a WebOS tablet) I asked him where these stores were and he said he didn't know of one nearby but said there are a couple in most states. So if anyone's near an "uber" Best Buy, stop in and let us know if there's any truth to this (and bring a camera).

    Again, I'm VERY skeptical.

    Since the guy is an HP rep & not a Best Buy employee, maybe "Uber" is some internal code name HP uses for certain Best Buy locations, like the ones that sell high volumes of HP products.

    Then again maybe this guy was hungover from the night before and has no idea what you were talking about. Maybe when you said webOS tablet, he heard Pre 2; or maybe you just got Punkd!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions