Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought it might have something to do with a processor and i found this. It intrigued me that it had to do with HP. lol.

if someone might know what this is about that would be cool.

Addendum to Scientific Supercomputing: A6 HP Processor and HP9000
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I thought it might have something to do with a processor and i found this. It intrigued me that it had to do with HP. lol.

if someone might know what this is about that would be cool.

Addendum to Scientific Supercomputing: A6 HP Processor and HP9000
    In this case, it looks like the "A6" refers to the addendum number only. Just coincidence that it deals with HP.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was going to suggest it was a six-axis accelerometer, but that seems unlikely with that it's probably a last gen ARM proccessor..
  4.    #24  
    I've found a few obscure tech news articles that mention the use of a Cortex A6, but oddly the A6 core doesn't appear on ARM's website Cortex A- list. They show the A8 (which we all know and love), the A9 (which we would all like to know and love), and the A5, but no A6. This thing is kind of a mystery as far as the Google box is concerned. I'm sure I just haven't searched enough.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This wiki page references the arm a6 processor. Doesn't sound like anything current:

ARM architecture
    I promise you that this is indeed, a 6-axis gyroscope, similar to that in an iPhone 4.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    This wiki page references the arm a6 processor. Doesn't sound like anything current:

ARM architecture
    I beg to differ. I don't see it. Can you point it out more explicitly? A search for "A6" turns up nothing. Note that it's not v6, but Cortex A6.
    I have no problem with HPalm copying the iphone. As long as they are improving and/or adding hardware, I'll be happy lol...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I beg to differ. I don't see it. Can you point it out more explicitly? A search for "A6" turns up nothing. Note that it's not v6, but Cortex A6.
    If you're viewing on the Pre browser scroll down to show arm cores. I was looking at the ARM 6 category which looks rather old. The ARMv6 is listed under the ARM 11 category, but is old still.
    it clearly has something to do with the keyboard

broadway(pixi) - no slideout keyboard
    windsor - tablet no slideout keyboard
    mantary - (bigger version of stingray) touch screen only
    People at HP in the know must absolutely LOVE reading these speculation threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Samsung should be the preferred customer for ARM. They are outshipping Motorola and Palm combined, and are well ahead of HP in both the tablet and smartphone space. They just announced 7 million Galaxy S devices sold worldwide and counting. When will WebOS get to even half that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    People at HP in the know must absolutely LOVE reading these speculation threads.
    hahah so true.
    Can somebody throw some knowledge at me...what is "Wacom digitizer"...i know Wacom makes tablets i have one(bamboo fun) what the heck is a digitizer? -- Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Can somebody throw some knowledge at me...what is "Wacom digitizer"...i know Wacom makes tablets i have one(bamboo fun) what the heck is a digitizer?
    The hardware behind the physical tablet itself. To make a Wacom digitizer work you need a sensor pad that send out a power signal and receives a signal from the pen. The pen itself has a receiver that takes the power signal ( that actually powers the pen so it doesn't need a battery ) and then sends out information on what buttons have been pressed (and tilt and pressure information as well) and a general signal that the pad will use to figure location of the pen.

So the ultimate tablet would have these layers ...

Glass
    Capacitive Touch Layer
    AMOLED Screen
    Wacom Digitizer Sensor Pad

.. on the surface of the tablet. Then you could use multi-touch or a pen to interact with the software.
    First, ARM is an IP company, they don't manufacture anything . They design and license the ARM chips used in most smartphones today. Samsung is a licensee of ARM, as is Texas Instruments. TI is pretty good at making systems on a chips that contain the ARM-reference design, so just like Samsung, Ti will have a dual Core A9 chip.
    As to what the A6 stands for, I think it is a mystery. I'm not sure I really understand the reference in the code. There was an A6 ARM reference design but the new devices by Palm are going to be A9 chips (hopefully), or A8 (what is currently available). It depends upon when Ti gets their A9 dual core design out the door to their customers. Word for A9 has always been very late Q4 or Q1 2011. I have to imagine that Palm/HP is going to go with that unless they are about to release a phone that ships in December. If so, that will probably be an A8 Cortex design. I think with the dual core A9 at 1Ghz we are going to see about a 50% speed increase overall, which is very sizable. The next to ship will be the A9 dual core design at 1.5 Ghz (over the 1.0ghz dual core that will be the first to ship). So we get another 50% speed bump probably when that is released.
    So, who knows, except it won't be a Cortex A6.
    Quote Originally Posted by tha2nddunn View Post
    it clearly has something to do with the keyboard
    broadway(pixi) - no slideout keyboard
    windsor - tablet no slideout keyboard
    mantary - (bigger version of stingray) touch screen only
    I was thinking,
    windsor = variation on a castle
    mantaray = Big Tablet
    stingray = Sml Tablet
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12