Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Check HP's website. Every palm webOS phone available in the US for any carrier is free with a new plan or upgrade. And for a limited time comes with accessories, like the touchstone for free.
    Gotta clear out the old inventory somehow lol.

I predict the next post will be "See the Pre sucks so bad that HP has to give them away for free!"
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    A friend of mine was about to go into Sprint and pay $50 for a Pre. I had her upgrade on HP's site. I am now envious. She got a boatload of accessories (a fore mentioned Touchstone, also) with a NEW Pre for free.

Hmmm.....
    If they have so many phones that they can't give them away for free, they should send everyone that already has a phone a spare as a "thanks for putting up with all the BS" present
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If they have so many phones that they can't give them away for free, they should send everyone that already has a phone a spare as a "thanks for putting up with all the BS" present
    Agreed! My current Pre is over a year old. It has a terrible USB door crack, buggy gesture area and touch screen, malfunctioning ringer switch, and my keyboard is starting to go out!

I don't think it's going to last much longer...
    +1
    ...and sprint still giving out refurbish palm pres. Ugh! (even though some they feel and look brand new)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Agreed! My current Pre is over a year old. It has a terrible USB door crack, buggy gesture area and touch screen, malfunctioning ringer switch, and my keyboard is starting to go out!

I don't think it's going to last much longer...
    If your Pre is over a year old then you should be able to upgrade for free... Or are you holding out for something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    If your Pre is over a year old then you should be able to upgrade for free... Or are you holding out for something else?
    I've been using my Sprint Pre off network for over a year now lol. I don't get nice things like upgrades...
    if they have so many phones that they can't give them away for free, they should send everyone that already has a phone a spare as a "thanks for putting up with all the bs" present :d
    agreed!!!!!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    You don't extend your contract but I am pretty certain that the upgrade will cost some money. Would BE AWESOME to give us a free bump to pre2
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I am eligible for an upgrade with Sprint. How would I go about getting this free Palm Pre? Just "purchase" it on HP's website or go to a Sprint store? How will HP know I am eligible for an upgrade? Will they ship to Sprint or to me? Thanks
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    I am eligible for an upgrade with Sprint. How would I go about getting this free Palm Pre? Just "purchase" it on HP's website or go to a Sprint store? How will HP know I am eligible for an upgrade? Will they ship to Sprint or to me? Thanks
    Just go to HP's website and order it. HP will verify with Sprint before they ship you the phone and HP will ship it directly to you.
    For petes sake someone please put a link to it

HP® Wireless Central
    Ok. Thanks guys. I checked out the site. It seems if you are not signing up for a new contract, you must renew your contract to get it free (+ $10.00 shipping.)

I have a Sprint employee discount even though I am not an employee. I only pay $60.00 a month and I don't want that to change. I am going to go down to my local Sprint store and show them the site and find out how they could handle it.

I'll let you guys know how it plays out.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    Ok. Thanks guys. I checked out the site. It seems if you are not signing up for a new contract, you must renew your contract to get it free (+ $10.00 shipping.)

I have a Sprint employee discount even though I am not an employee. I only pay $60.00 a month and I don't want that to change. I am going to go down to my local Sprint store and show them the site and find out how they could handle it.

I'll let you guys know how it plays out.

Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Its standard that if you want an upgrade discount you have to commit to a contract extension to get it. As far as the plan goes if you have a qualifying plan it shouldn't get changed. I pay 60.50/month with my pre and my non-Sprint employee disount. That's the 450 min, unlimited data, text, and navagation plan.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i2y4n is RIGHT ON THE MONEY
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Looks like the free accessory package is now gone but it is replaced with a $50 HP gift card. I don't understand why HP is so heavily disounting their phones but not advertising it. It seems counter productive to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast