1.    #1  
    The Pre 2
    Yes, I think this is a good solid device. It's a good launching point for WebOS 2.0. Allows HP to get feed back and hopefully, bu early next year, get a x.1 update with some more features -- just in time for the new phones next year.

The Treo HD
    I think the return of the Treo would be a good move. Make it in the form factor of a BB Curve 8330. Sleeker, slimmer and sexier, of course. With a nice keyboard, also similar to the Curve's keyboard (I have grown to love it myself). And not to mention old Treo 750 fans would love the return of the phone name that they "grew up with" when it comes to smartphones.

The Pixi 2
    Many people loved the Pixi, and it would be a shame not to see another. Make this similar to the Pre 2. An entry level smartphone with powerful specs and a good sleek design. You will have a silent winner on your hands.

The Palm Pre HD
    A 3.8 inch slider phone, much like the Pre 2 created by Virox (bottom of the page, last one you can vote for). Make this phone with at least 960-by-640-pixel resolution, if not better (1152 x 720 would be AMAZING but not sure if it be practical). Have a stellar battery life and add 4G (WiMAX and LTE, of course).

The RoadRunner
    This would be a 3.5 inch slab phone with at least 800 x 600 screen resolution. This puppy should be powerful but not super powerful.

The Roadrunner HD
    This would basically be the Pre HD without the keyboard. Same hardware on the inside, but a larger 4.0 inch screen.

And finally...

The PalmPad
    This is said to be the WebOS Tablet. I would make that starting at 7 inch, with possible larger formats in the future. Release it as soon as it's ready, and not a moment sooner or later.

I would release the Treo HD in February, the Pre HD in May. The RoadRunner in June with the Pixi 2 in July. Then the RoadRunner HD in the October - December time frame, just in time for the holidays. I wouldn't be worried of the RoadRunner/Pixi 2 being too close because they are going after two different audiences. The RoadRunner is really suppose to be the Pre 2 without a keyboard, while RR HD is the Pre HD. And as the Pre 2 is to the Pre HD, the Pixi 2 is to the Treo HD. That to me is a reasonable release schedule. And since it does look like HP does have 5-6 form factors coming next year, its possible that a similar line-up is in the works. And since it would have a "mid-level" form factor with a "super phone" to match each one (Pre 2 - Pre HD, RR - RR HD, Pixi 2 - Treo HD) it would make sense. What do you guys think? What would you do if @ CES 2011 they announce something like this?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I think you might want to lower your expectations. lol
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    LOL I would be happy with one phone with a larger screen. Thats what I really want. I like to watch video's and surf the web on my phone. I don't nec need a 4 incher, but a 3.5 - 4 inch would be nice. But I just wanted to create my vision! And we shall see what happens!
    I think the op's expectataion is of many.. I always believe in reaching for the stars, if you can't catch the moon.

regards,

[i]--Sent from my palm pre2
    no kidding... some of you die hard palm fans are going to be very disappointed next year. i think you will see a palmpad with a few different designs of the pre2 for cdma carriers and that's about it. i don't think palm will be making another treo or pixi phone either.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no kidding... some of you die hard palm fans are going to be very disappointed next year. i think you will see a palmpad with a few different designs of the pre2 for cdma carriers and that's about it. i don't think palm will be making another treo or pixi phone either.
    I give u the treo but the pixi? Really? That was a good phone and many people loved the phone. At least it didn't break like the pre did. And what u said is exactly what I did. my RR HD is the Pre HD w/o keyboard. The pre 2 and RR is one and the same. And look guys, what's wrong with coming up with ideas? Especially when we hear talk of HP palm working on five or six phones next year. I am sure what we will see is the same specs -- probably pre 2 on overdrive -- and multiple form factors with the same specs. But whos to say what we will see? We could see a curve like device, a slab, a pre hd as I call it and I am sure we will see a palmpad. I don't see anything wrong with creating your own list of form factors u would like to see. Kinda like precentral did with it's contest.
    Last edited by astraith; 10/31/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    hey! no optimism allowed, dang it!

as long as we get something in the area of a 4'' screen, with a front facing camera, i'll be set. oh, and as for the tablet, i'm thinking 8'' is where it's at.

i have a pretty good feeling that things won't be all that disappointing, if at all. HP's got $$, i'm pretty sure they have been paying attention to what people want in a smartphone, and i expect that while that may not come out with something like last augut's evo (even though they should bring it with the top of the heap for when it's released), they're going to have a solid line up.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    hey! no optimism allowed, dang it!

as long as we get something in the area of a 4'' screen, with a front facing camera, i'll be set. oh, and as for the tablet, i'm thinking 8'' is where it's at.

i have a pretty good feeling that things won't be all that disappointing, if at all. HP's got $$, i'm pretty sure they have been paying attention to what people want in a smartphone, and i expect that while that may not come out with something like last augut's evo (even though they should bring it with the top of the heap for when it's released), they're going to have a solid line up.
    WHAT! NO optimism? Well dang ... I guess I am in trobule!

Lol, anyway yea your probably right. No one spends 1.2 billion dollars on a company and lets it die out with horrible phones. I would definitely buy a 4 inch Palm phone, even if it didn't have a keyboard (please do!!!). And 8 incher doesn't sound like a bad idea for a tablet, actually. But since I think we will get one size HP does have to get it right the first time around. The right size that people want. People like the iPad and its large screen but people also like the small size of the Tab because it's easier to hold. We'll see what they will do.