Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I may be behind the times, but it looks as if the rumors of 5 to 6 palm devices coming out in 2010, has been confirmed by HP & Palm.

Take care,

Jay

Palm to release 6 New Devices and Orange’s Dual Number Plans
    October 29th, 2010 by Best Mobile Contracts

Palm to release 6 New Devices and Orange’s Dual Number Plans | Best Mobile Contracts

When Palm was bought out by HP several months ago, there was a bit of fuss regarding the initial announcement by HP that they did not have any plans to venture into the smart phone industry. Naturally, the public was outraged upon learning that after such a big investment in the purchase of Palm –which provided HP with a large array of mobile phone technology patents and the highly successful WebOS platform, there would be no phones.

Fortunately, rumors remained as rumors and HP has pushed through with the release of the Palm Pre 2 just a while back.

Now, the winds are blowing in a different direction with HP letting it be known that there will be six new devices carrying the HP and Palm brands; and that one of the devices is actually a touch screen tablet device. So far, there have been no specific details or information as to when the new devices will actually launch –though the tablet device is definitely due for next year.

In other news, Orange Mobile UK is now making it easy for companies to issue mobile phone SIM cards to users. The previous issue with company paid mobile phone charges was that they ended up paying for calls and other forms of paid phone use that were for personal use and not business purposes. Having two numbers associated with a single person was previously an option only available by having two physical phones.

Now, a personal number and a business number can be linked together, allowing better convenience for the end user and also less guesswork and investigation on the part of the company.

Expect to see this to become the new modern alternative to the concept of dual-SIM devices –as most dual sim handsets lack 3G features that would otherwise, bring the system up to date.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/29/2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Title clarified
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    That's awesome...
    cuz the Palm Pre 2 isn't THAT much of an improvement.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    who confirmed it? kind of sounds shady.....
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    a week ago it was posted about the company that won the bid to make 6 new webos devices in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Now, the winds are blowing in a different direction with HP letting it be known that there will be six new devices carrying the HP and Palm brands; and that one of the devices is actually a touch screen tablet device.
    I think this is a distortion of the report that Foxconn won contracts for several webOS devices. This does not sound like a true confirmation.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I highly recommend retitling with with a question mark
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    good to hear.
    Thanks Jay!

Because the link is just another blog and doesn't actually cite a source - I changed the title to be a little less factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I highly recommend retitling with with a question mark
    If you have to put a question mark wouldn't that mean it has not been confirmed, thus answering the question?

regardless, i fear, from a webos perspective that anyphone they release after an iphone on verizon (and theoretically on sprint) will be amazingly starved for attention. Especially considering the new threats from android and windows 7 handsets. My point is about timing. i think if they release too late it could be tough to get people's attention.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Lets hope that they can at least get one of these 6 devices out very soon. Soon as in no later than the end of jan'11.......crossing fingers now-xxxxxx
    yeah they may get 5-6 new devices but they may be different versions of the pre2.

sprint version... they like to be different.

at&t version

verizon version

palmpad

pixi2?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I may be behind the times, but it looks as if the rumors of 5 to 6 palm devices coming out in 2010, has been confirmed by HP & Palm.

Take care,

Jay
    Yup, super late.
    Any News That SOUNDS Good, Is Good In My Eyes. Its A Lot Better Than The Palm Bashing Lately From Some Members.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah they may get 5-6 new devices but they may be different versions of the pre2.

sprint version... they like to be different.

at&t version

verizon version

palmpad

pixi2?
    yeah i was thinking

pre 2
    pixi 2
    pre 2 +
    Pixi 2+
    Palmpad

well that's 5. that would kinda suck though.
    HP could be announcing several WebOS devices « Pole Sabz

idea of what the new 5 devices will be, also they state that the Pre plus for verizon is up for sale again, after being pulled?
    those mockups look very familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    HP could be announcing several WebOS devices « Pole Sabz

idea of what the new 5 devices will be, also they state that the Pre plus for verizon is up for sale again, after being pulled?

is that link a joke? not meaning to be condescending in the least bit, but u do realize those r the mockups that were posted here, and that was the page header for the mockup contest voting...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    is that link a joke? not meaning to be condescending in the least bit, but u do realize those r the mockups that were posted here, and that was the page header for the mockup contest voting...
    people dont look at the mockups I stated heres a IDEA of what this anaylist thinks the next devices would be. I didnt state here are pictures of them, you have to readdddddddddd.

The first one is a replacement for the current Palm Pre name Pre 2 and has already been released in France and soon to be released on Verizon.

The second one would be a replacement for the Palm Pixi.

The third one would be tablet which has already been announced and the codename is Hurricane.

The forth one is going to be a keyboardless HD smart phone with possibly a 4″ screen codenamed mansion.

The fifth one would probably be their top of the line HD smart phone with a landscape keyboard.
    I should of specified, what i meant instead of assuming.
    im sorry i should have read a little bit more but in the line before the photo, it states, "here is what the future devices would look like." i read the would and interpreted it as here is what they're GOING to look like, instead of here is what they COULD look like... kno what i mean? im just hoping that we hear somethin soon regarding these devices, this waiting game is killing me haha. cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast