Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    That was a reckless blog post IMO. With statements like:

- there is an understanding that HP is planning on releasing 5 or 6 different mobile devices running WebOS in 2011.

- The second one would be a replacement for the Palm Pixi.

- The forth one is going to be a keyboardless HD smart phone with possibly a 4″ screen codenamed mansion.

- The fifth one would probably be their top of the line HD smart phone with a landscape keyboard.

- Here is a rendered image of what the future devices would look like.

Those comments were baseless without anything to back them up but speculation. However, they are made to sound factual. Very irresponsible.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why do we think that all of these devices are phones?

I understand that Foxconn already make printers for HP?, why couldn't three of these devices be printers?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    im sorry i should have read a little bit more but in the line before the photo, it states, "here is what the future devices would look like." i read the would and interpreted it as here is what they're GOING to look like, instead of here is what they COULD look like... kno what i mean? im just hoping that we hear somethin soon regarding these devices, this waiting game is killing me haha. cheers
    oh no problem that was my fault I should have just posted those lines in the first place so no one would be confused. Me too, I kind of like his opinions on what those devices may be. Lets hope we hear something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post

- there is an understanding that HP is planning on releasing 5 or 6 different mobile devices running WebOS in 2011.

- The forth one is going to be a keyboardless HD smart phone with possibly a 4″ screen codenamed mansion.

- The fifth one would probably be their top of the line HD smart phone with a landscape keyboard.

Those comments were baseless without anything to back them up but speculation. However, they are made to sound factual. Very irresponsible.
    your def right, and if anyone else beside people here at precentral read that, they would assume thats what those 5 devices will be. It is stated very incorrectly, as facts not opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Why do we think that all of these devices are phones?

I understand that Foxconn already make printers for HP?, why couldn't three of these devices be printers?
    true, and we are just going off the rumors telecomm papers is going off of:

Foxconn Technology and Compal Communications have won orders to supply manufacturing services for the new Palm mobile phones. Industry sources told CENS that Foxconn will supply four to five new Palm smartphones for sale in 2011, and Commpal Communications will deliver one new model. All the phones will run webOS. Foxconn also is believed to be a supplier of the upcoming PalmPad, a tablet device launching in 2011.

though it could very well be printers, or some other devices we won't really know until we hear some sort of annoucment.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    true, and we are just going off the rumors telecomm papers is going off of:

Foxconn Technology and Compal Communications have won orders to supply manufacturing services for the new Palm mobile phones. Industry sources told CENS that Foxconn will supply four to five new Palm smartphones for sale in 2011, and Commpal Communications will deliver one new model. All the phones will run webOS. Foxconn also is believed to be a supplier of the upcoming PalmPad, a tablet device launching in 2011.

though it could very well be printers, or some other devices we won't really know until we hear some sort of annoucment.

at the same time, after that was revealed to the general public to be scrutinized however need be, still, no one yet has come forward to publicly state that this statement was false, or on the flip side to be true... so in my book, if they're not denying it, thats good enough for me that there is 4-5 phones in the works
    I wonder if Jon Rubinstein will give any info on the plans of HP during the Dive Into Mobile Conference this December 6-7, 2010.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I hope it's the palm C40

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    I wonder if Jon Rubinstein will give any info on the plans of HP during the Dive Into Mobile Conference this December 6-7, 2010.

Do people still listen to that guy? He's full of hype and hot air, I'm more interested in what the organ grinder has to say that the monkey.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post

As per the WebOS 2.0 doctor, some parts of this are factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    As per the WebOS 2.0 doctor, some parts of this are factual.
    Which parts?
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    Which parts?
    4 or five new code names were discoverd in the 2.0 doctor,for new devices.
    I hope one of the devices is the larger Pre (Pre 2 HD maybe) that we have been hearing about in the C40 thread. I don't want a landscape keyboard. Give me a larger Pre with a bigger screen and keyboard, just like the new Dell Lightning running WP7. A large 4 inch screen can have a usable portrait keyboard. Landscape keyboards suck!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Here is a pic of the Lightning for those who haven't seen it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7237193/pics/dell_lightning.jpg
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I must say, I think that is hideous.
    ugly phone that lightning
    the lightning is the form factor I want as well, but I have to agree that it is one ugly phone.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I was just pointing out that larger screen with the portrait keyboard is possible. I agree it's not the best looking phone. Too blocky with the sharp edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I was just pointing out that larger screen with the portrait keyboard is possible. I agree it's not the best looking phone. Too blocky with the sharp edges.
    Yep, it IS possible (see below for another view of my mockup phone entry), but, fear not, for those who want a landscape keyboard, I've been working out a design for a 3.8" dual screen landscape keyboard WebOS device, as well, just to show what "could" be possible - but that will be in another thread, when I finish it - Im about 75% done now.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12