Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Sure. Probably the simplest way is to go to Google Patents and go to the advanced search and put "palm inc." in the "Assignee Name" form. Or you can just put this into the regular search: "inassigneealm inassignee:inc" (without the quotes) as it does the same thing.

Of course, you can search United States Patent and Trademark Office, but it's fairly unwieldy for non practitioners. If you really want to go in depth, though, the USPTO's "Public PAIR" system will give you most of what you want to know, especially if you're looking into applications.

EDIT: the smiley should not be there. In lieu of the smiley, it should be colon (":") and the letter "p". Anyway to turn these things off!?!?
    wow, what an awesome response! I thank you very much for your help! I love this place!

PS: that smiley was intentional
    isn't grid mode basically what the launcher is?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    isn't grid mode basically what the launcher is?
    no bcus grid mode applies to actually running apps/cards

there is full screen mode, card, shuffle, and grid mode.
    I think shuffle mode is the one that was removed from 2.0
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    wow, what an awesome response! I thank you very much for your help! I love this place!

PS: that smiley was intentional
    My pleasure. I doubt that I'm the only attorney who does a lot of patent work who loves Palm, but I can't think of one I've known who isn't a Crackberry junkie. That's the big firm life, I'm afraid. In fact, at my former firm, the only reason I was able to use my Centro with the firm's email was because the mega-firm had just acquired an office in Palo Alto or somewhere in the valley, and they all used Palm and demanded that the firm support GoodLink (which was insane bloatware).

In any case, despite my message on how to find Palm's patents and applications, I just spent some time sifting through search results. Something's very odd: a large number of them suggest that they are recently published and that they were filed within the last year or so. That's fine, but many of them have very old technology. Still scratching my head over this, but not too much time to dig deeper. Could be some weird intricacy involving patent prosecution rules. (I don't do prosecution, just transactions and litigation, and sometimes clearance work.) I'm sure there's an explanation, I just don't have it at the moment. Either way, happy searching.
    Either it's for mini view for rearranging, or it's for operating multiple cards at once.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. mus
    This wave quick launcher image seems to imply stacked shortcuts in the wave launcher. That would definitely make the wave more handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mus View Post
    This wave quick launcher image seems to imply stacked shortcuts in the wave launcher. That would definitely make the wave more handy.
    yes I read through this application and it mentioned having subordinate levels of icons. The user would be able to access subordinate levels perhaps by raising the finger by a pre determined distance, or by holding on the for a certain amount of time. I could see this being a useful addition to the phone/message/contact app as a quick way to access favorite people. They also mentioned being able to add more icons to the wavebar by making it scrollable.

Interesting stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    but its seems as grid mode utilizes the mini card view , which was removed from 2.0
    I wouldn't say mini-card view was removed. Only that they removed the "hold" gesture as an activator of this. They could still make some other gesture activate this mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    I imagine that there are many patent applications hanging out there, so one could spend a lot of time going through them, but here's another "grid" function:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=N3L...0%2C613&edge=0

That application is 12/505,543 and it describes the images as one that is "depicting an example of a grid layout for a hierarchical launch wave".

I have to imagine there's tons to find out by reading through all of Palm's published applications. But who's got the time?

Also, think of all the applications that are probably filed but haven't been published yet and what might be in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mus View Post
    It almost looks like as you hover over the contact icon on the wave bar, stacks of contacts show up above it... maybe your "favorites"? As if each icon on the wave would have separate stacked lists of info pertaining to it. Maybe the phone icon would display the last couple of calls or something?
  10. mus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    yes I read through this application and it mentioned having subordinate levels of icons. The user would be able to access subordinate levels perhaps by raising the finger by a pre determined distance, or by holding on the for a certain amount of time. I could see this being a useful addition to the phone/message/contact app as a quick way to access favorite people. They also mentioned being able to add more icons to the wavebar by making it scrollable.

Interesting stuff...
    I've been waiting for a "scrollable" wave bar feature. Hope this comes out with 2.0 or soon after.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I wouldn't say mini-card view was removed. Only that they removed the "hold" gesture as an activator of this. They could still make some other gesture activate this mode.
    I'm pretty sure they removed it. but you could also go into this mode by taping below any card
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12