1.    #1  
    So now that we know what 2.0 consists of. Hp palm enhanced webos core strengths. what do we expect after 2.0. What other things can webos excel in. Dont include hardware only software.
    next will be 2.1 (grin)

actually the next release will include Exhibition, and hopefully a major upgrade to the PIM apps.
    I thought exhibition was supposed to be in 2.0, like by the time it's released on us hardware..

I'll put a list of what's next.. Let me open preware and copy the list of patches
  4.    #4  
    lol
    I think they should skip straight up to 2.5, just to have a higher number than Android, at least for a while. No, I'm actually serious. I know some Linux distros have done similar things, and had great results. Also, jumping to 2.5 would mean awesomer new features than a 2.1 update would.
    Like mic API ?
    In a word, "intelligence". If you have a device that can know where you are, what time it is, who you know, what you are supposed to do, why can't it be more intuitive then it already is? I'd like to see the Synergy of WebOS to take on some new innovations.

i.e.

1. Text's with, "Where are you?" or "Where R U?" should come up with a small option to text your current location or to wait until your movement has stopped for enough time to determine final destination.
    2. Emails with "Did you send me that quote yet?" should look up all possible attachments that match keywords after the word "send" and offer a list of possible attachments to instantly send.
    3. Calendar should instantly email people in your event when it see's you're running late. This was supposed to come out as a feature on the Pre when it first came out but never materialized. I think there is an app that can do it, but this should be native.
    4. Incoming Phone calls should come with option to Ignore with quick canned message. There is a patch for this but once again it should be native, it was with the PalmOS.

Anyway, these are just some quick ideas so don't tear them apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    So now that we know what 2.0 consists of. Hp palm enhanced webos core strengths. what do we expect after 2.0. What other things can webos excel in. Dont include hardware only software.
    It needs to be further enhanced. Speed, features, catch up with the others. They can do that with x.1, x.2, x.3 and so on. 3.0 needs to have a major upgrade to Synergy. Synergy is the feature of WebOS.

The next evolution should be this:
    Imagine you are in Paris. You take photo's of the Eiffel Tower and a lot of other cool photos. You move it to your public folder/album, and automatically it's uploaded to Facebook, flicker or what not. Not only that, but WebOS now has it's own community called "WebOS Social". Basically, anyone who has WebOS can now subscribe to your photo feed. Like twitter where you release your status, this will be for photos and video. You baby take his first step? Got it on ur Pre? Now his/her grandparents can see it too -- instantly. This would be the most amazing feature. And would make WebOS 3.0 so much better then everyone else.
    Behind the scenes enhancements. Speed and battery life the most.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I know you said no hardware mentions but its essential to my post, What I would hope for since we are supposed to be getting 4-6 new devices is that each would get something that is still webos but adapted differently for the device
    being able to multi select emails...or texts..or anything which a checklist. I hope
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    being able to multi select emails...or texts..or anything which a checklist. I hope
    Yes, and threaded emails please.
    Being more committed in making the webos excels into being not just one of the best, but "THE" best operating device around.

Regards,

[i]--Sent from my palm pre.
    from what i've heard we should have this sort of thing in the not too distant future, but what i'd like to see is kind of a combo of a quick action and the "upload" options we have already

. like, say i take a picture. i'd like to be able to configure more upload options than just FB and whatever else we have. like maybe select a tumblr client that i use as one option. then when i click to upload to tumblr via tumblbox or tumbly (whatever i have configured), it will give me fields to poplulate with my comments, tags, etc., and just send it from our native phone or pictures app.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Yes, and threaded emails please.
    PLEASE threaded emails. my one gmail gets crazy on the pre with back and forths throughout the day with my girlfriend. we don't text, just email and talk on twitter, because she lives in Quebec and i live in MI.

which reminds me; I REALLY WANT A FRONT FACING CAMERA, HPalm!

thanks.