Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    I have this feeling that the pre2 is the only phone for us until 2012.


    Why would they(hp|palm) even mention this phone... if they were going to give us something different three to four months from now. Does that make any sense?


    Does anyone have any evidence proven differently?

    I believe Hp|palm will try and get all carriers to carry the Pre2 eventually.

    The only thing is missing is an higher resolution screen. The Pre 2 is the new flagship device from Hp|Palm which comes to succeed the Palm Pre/Plus. It is equipped with 1GHz that powers the new webOS 2.0, 5MP camera, QWERTY keyboard, 3.1" touch display and 16GB of memory. Also has a slicker built and a flat surface.

    Do you believe we will see another device before 2012?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I have this feeling that the pre2 is the only phone for us until 2012.


    Why would they(hp|palm) even mention this phone... if they were going to give us something different three to four months from now. Does that make any sense?


    Does anyone have any evidence proven differently?

    I believe Hp|palm will try and get all carriers to carry the Pre2 eventually.

    The only thing is missing is an higher resolution screen. The Pre 2 is the new flagship device from Hp|Palm which comes to succeed the Palm Pre/Plus. It is equipped with 1GHz that powers the new webOS 2.0, 5MP camera, QWERTY keyboard, 3.1" touch display and 16GB of memory. Also has a slicker built and a flat surface.

    Do you believe we will see another device before 2012?
    funny as yesterday you were soo dead set on sprint getting the pre2 when there clearly not. ill wait and see what ces brings, if nothing im picking up an epic 4g with my upgrade. i think most of us palm users have been more than patient with palm/hp.
  3. #4  
    You will see many handsets from HP next year. Don't worry. This is not the same Palm. They have the capital to bring more than one handset to market. Expect the Pre 2 to be the lower end.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Why would they(hp|palm) even mention this phone... if they were going to give us something different three to four months from now. Does that make any sense?
    You're right. HP and Palm are going to show up at CES and empty their pockets out and show everyone their new smart-lint. It's all part of the new marketing strategy. Sign up for CES and don't present anything. Brilliant!
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Man I hope this is true, but it makes sense. And the timing is right too.
  6. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    You will see many handsets from HP next year. Don't worry. This is not the same Palm. They have the capital to bring more than one handset to market. Expect the Pre 2 to be the lower end.
    we shall see in a few months.
  7. #9  
    No offense ..but...is this a serious topic?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  8. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I have this feeling that the pre2 is the only phone for us until 2012.


    Why would they(hp|palm) even mention this phone... if they were going to give us something different three to four months from now. Does that make any sense?

    HTC puts out a new phone every other day.
  9. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Depends if there's any truth to this:

    [url= Compal Communications Grab Palm`s Orders for Smartphones | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News[/url]
    I was just gonna post this. It makes perfect sense for HP to release early and often. They gotta compete with android!
  10. #12  
    Until the end of 2012? Is this a serious thread?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Until the end of 2012? Is this a serious thread?
    Yeah, I agree. 2012? Really? I hope that was an Epic typo or something.
  12. #14  
    way to spread the fear and insecurity Rush, way to spread the fear
    Step 1. kick back
    Step 2. crack a can
    Step 3. chug-a-lug
    Step 4. relax
    all better?
    (you were the guy that said he was happy with his phone and that it did everything you wanted it to do, weren't you?)

    (me too by the way, just barely 8 months into my phone and not looking for a replacement yet , of course if you would have asked me 3 weeks into having my phone, prior to me finding this site, prior to paid apps being available, prior to Preware etc, I would have told you a different story )

    and I almost forgot.....hopefully it comes out before the meteor, the tidal wave, the alien invasion, the nuclear holocaust, the skynet takeover, and the matrix collapse

    AND the supervolcano
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

    (you were the guy that said he was happy with his phone and that it did everything you wanted it to do, weren't you?)

    yes... he said that.. i think the reality might of set in.
  14. #16  
    Unless HP is taking notes from Steve Ballmer, it would be financially irresponsible to wait until 2012 before releasing devices which could compete with Android and iOS. 1.2 bln is a lot to invest in only a niche device. There are many lessons learned from Apple, RIM and Google on what works and what doesn't.
  15. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Until the end of 2012? Is this a serious thread?
    to settle this... if we get no new announcements at ces 2011... palm = RIP!
  16. #18  
    The old Palm already is resting in peace. The question is will HP provide the life force to realize Palm's dreams?
  17. #19  
    Yes! Let's start making threads about more feelings that have no basis in reality and ignore all evidence to the contrary! Brilliant!

    I'll start:

    I have a feeling apple is going to start it's own cell phone provider that exclusively carries the iPhone. It's called iProvider ... hmmmm not feeling the title, perhaps they should reconsider.
  18. #20  
    is it april fools? Really?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions