Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it april fools? Really?
    No, but it is only two more months until Christmas!
    april fools !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #23  
    Wow, you guys clearly misunderstood the topic on my thread. Let me explain: What I'm saying is that I "Believe"that the pre2 is the only phone we will be seeing until 2012. However, I could be wrong.. But that's how I feel. I love the pre2, and wish I could get one through my carrier very soon. I would never say anything bad about the pre2. I really think hp|palm release this phone to us because they wont have any other phones anytime soon(IMO)

I love the pre2, and looking forward to enjoying every moment with it.

Best, Regards..
    Rush
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Why would they(hp|palm) even mention this phone... if they were going to give us something different three to four months from now. Does that make any sense?
    ?
    I forget where I read it, but the Pre2 was in the works before HP came along. HP probably just wanted to release and make some money instead of trashing it. The Pre2 also serves as the new baseline (as far as hardware specs go) for webOS developers.

To say that we won't see anything for the next 14 or so months is just crazy.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    That's all that counts.
    Wow, you guys clearly misunderstood the topic on my thread. Let me explain: What I'm saying is that I "Believe"that the pre2 is the only phone we will be seeing until 2012. However, I could be wrong.. But that's how I feel. I love the pre2, and wish I could get one through my carrier very soon. I would never say anything bad about the pre2. I really think hp|palm release this phone to us because they wont have any other phones anytime soon(IMO)

Best, Regards..
    Rush
    "Until the end of 2012" <- Direct quote

So you think Palm is going to sit on the Pre 2 for 2 years? Where do these thoughts of yours come from?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    To say that we won't see anything for the next 14 or so months is just crazy.
    That's not crazy.. How long was the release of the palm pre. If there is another phone announcement before the end of 2011, I'll get an Iphone.
    That's not crazy.. How long was the release of the palm pre. If there is another phone announcement before the end of 2011, I'll get an Iphone.
    And look where that decision landed Palm - bought, stock and barrel by a Windows Mobile company. If the Palm, and WebOS are to succeed, HP will have to make decisions to keep competitive. HP can survive without Palm. They can survive without smartphones. Apple has leveraged itself to the point where the smartphone is an incredibly important business decision. RIM is finding that living on its laurels will get it nowhere.

14 months until next update from Pre 2 will be the end of the platform. Time for HP to get off the pot.
    The original launch took so long because webOS wasn't finished yet. This is not the case anymore. Look how long it took between the announcement of the Pre 2 and the release. A couple weeks?

And Palm did release the Pre/Pixi Plus 6 months after the originals were released.

Plus HP has already said there are going to be a multitude of form factors released over the next 12 months. So I guess you don't believe them.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    "Until the end of 2012" <- Direct quote

So you think Palm is going to sit on the Pre 2 for 2 years? Where do these thoughts of yours come from?
    What don't you understand about the word >> "Believe" << The whole thread is base up on my belief... not facts.
    HP has already said there are going to be a multitude of form factors released over the next 12 months.
    That is a sign of good, forward business thinking. Have to hope that HP goes the distance.
    What don't you understand about the word >> "Believe" << The whole thread is base up on my belief... not facts.
    I understand that, I am just trying to figure out how the thought formed in your mind. That's a helluv a long time to not release any hardware, especially considering they have money now to develop whatever they want.
  13.    #33  
    Quote:
    Plus HP has already said there are going to be a multitude of form factors released over the next 12 months. So I guess you don't believe them. Quote End..

With Hp|palm now... Seeing is believing. Don't get me wrong though ~ I still love webos, and I'll always do. :-)
  14.    #34  
    I understand that, I am just trying to figure out how the thought formed in your mind. That's a helluv a long time to not release any hardware, especially considering they have money now to develop whatever they want.
    Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, and feel like saying what's on my mind... since the release of the pre2. Nothing personal towards hp|palm.
    why is this thread still open? This flies in the face of recent news, public statements, and common sense. Just stirring up trouble.

everyone should report this as intentionally provocative!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why is this thread still open? This flies in the face of recent news, public statements, and common sense. Just stirring up trouble.
    Who needs common sense? lol

Besides, we don't need a new webOS device in the next 26 months anyway, right?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    <<Closed>>

Let's try not to baffle people altogether.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12