Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Nice...
    I've never heard of them. Is this their debut or have they made other devices?
    4 new phones:
    - Pre 2 CDMA
    - Pre 2 GSM
    - Pixi 2 CDMA
    - Pixi 2 GSM

Compal made centros and treos,
    Foxconn makes iPhones
    cool find.
    and sprint is waiting 4g devices to run webos. Just have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    4 new phones:
    - Pre 2 CDMA
    - Pre 2 GSM
    - Pixi 2 CDMA
    - Pixi 2 GSM

Nope, not likely.

The Pre 2's are already in production, and this article clearly indicates Foxconn won the contract for 4 - 5 smartphones for 2011, PLUS being a supplier for the PalmPad (that would make 5 - 6 devices total for Foxconn, for 2011, versus 1 totally new smartphone model for Compal -which all yeilds a total of 6 - 7 new HP/Palm devices planned for 2011, so far):

"Foxconn Technology and Compal Communications have won orders to supply manufacturing services for the new Palm mobile phones. Industry sources told CENS that Foxconn will supply four to five new Palm smartphones for sale in 2011, and Commpal Communications will deliver one new model. All the phones will run webOS. Foxconn also is believed to be a supplier of the upcoming PalmPad, a tablet device launching in 2011"

Last edited by LCGuy; 10/25/2010 at 02:19 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Foxconn is the main manufacturer of iphones and ipods.
    Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also believe they build some of HP's laptops. Compal also builds laptops for HP and Dell.
    Compal Electronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've never heard of them. Is this their debut or have they made other devices?
    Uh, yeah, they've made a few devices you might have heard of
    The Chinese factory is one of Apple's "main manufacturer contractors," and in addition to churning out iPods, iPhones, and iPads, the factory also supplies Intel, Dell, Sony, Nokia, and HP, among other firms.

I think this is a good thing for Webos and Palm, now Rub and the rest of his and HP's team can focus on the OS, and Foxconn can make the phones. I hear a dynasty coming up.
    isn't this the same company who manufactured/engineered the iPhone4 and the iPod?
  13.    #13  
    Actually, the article I posted referred to CENS, so I think this is the original:

Foxconn, Compal Communications Grab Palm`s Orders for Smartphones | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littulb View Post
    ....ok scratch that question.
    Isn't this the company that had a rash of suicides in the last few months?
    Sounds gud to me

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    awesome!!!
    Is this company the one that made the HP Envy laptops? That would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Isn't this the company that had a rash of suicides in the last few months?
    Thats true they make stuff for apple, Hp, dell etc etc.
    what company manufactured the pre(+) and pixi(+)?
    In a related article - The spectre of Windows Mobile may haunt more than just consumers; Foxconn, Compal Communications is reluctant to pay the company’s licensing fees for Windows Phone 7so will not produce phones for Microsoft..

Foxconn, Compal & others snub Windows Phone 7 over licensing fees - SlashGear
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast