Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    children have little hands = good for putting together mobile phones and electronics. Would ne of you actually give a crap if one of em lost an arm so you could have a fancy smart phone in ur pocket? Just like how if you saw how they treated chickens you would think twice about eating kfc, just don't think about it I'm SURE no one's human rights are being violated...
    For the record, I'm not a huge fan of chicken labor laws but just give me a new webOS phone by early 2011 and I'll join the crusade for improving their labor standards!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Mattel / Fisher price...lol
    is that why I got lead poisonin from chewing on my pre?
    That's just wrong...LOL!
    I just have a quick question and correct me if I'm wrong, first of all I feel this is GREAT news in that there will b a form factor for EVERYONE, and secondly, if this article is true they have to have a design for at LEAST one phone and the palmpad I feel or they wouldn't have gone looking for contractors... So does this mean we can expect a new phone within the next 6 months?
    Hopefully they won't each get a new screen resolution.

6 phones+current pre 2+tablet:

1. pre 2
    2.pre2 style, but better and bigger (think venue pro with a gb of ram, and omap 4)
    3. full touch
    4. bigger full touch
    5. Pixie style
    6. Pixi style pro/ blackberry bold type.
    7. droid like vertical slider.

+ palm pad!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    First off, Foxconn treats its workers much better than most places in China, MUCH better. They only make the news because of how large they are.

As far as build quality, Foxconn can turn out some really nice gadgets, or some really crappy ones. It depends on the engineering, which is done by the engineers at whatever company contracts Foxconn. If you design a horrible product, Foxconn isn't going to make it magically perfect.

The design of the palm pre slider was flawed from the get go, so lets hope they fixed that...
    yippee, 5 more new phones for verizon...
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    This is good news, Foxconn builds quality hardware, but the phrase "in 2011" gives me the sinking feeling that it may be well into next year before we see anything ship.
    I was thinking the same about 2011, so I made this post.

The question is when are these devices going to be launch. Lets speculate.

1.-Palm have the prototype at least of one next gen smartphone or maybe more.
    2.-Above mentioned companies were not the only companies who participate in the contest.
    3.-So the schedule for devices releases could be:
    a) CES 2011 announcements.
    b)First launches dates in 3 months or less ( the Palm Pad) , June 2011 (2 smartphones devices)
    c)September 2011 (2 smartphones devices.)
    d)December 2011 (2 smartphones devices)

or
    4.- a) June 2011 (3 smartphones devices)
    b) December (3 smartphones devices)

Yeah, You want a Palm superphone now, but lets be real. If Palm just agreed with these 2 companies, they have to come together with a lot of things to do, a transition period until the manufacturers get along with webOS.

UPDATE: Unless they tested the prototypes already with webos and the releases dates are closer to come than those above mentioned possible launch dates.

What is your guess?
    Last edited by akitayo; 10/25/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    well...that simply means that we are not getting a new palm phone for a longtime....
    +1
    I called it! I've been saying that they will be doing multiple form factors since I first heard about the hp takeover.

pre
    pixi
    slab
    landscape slider
    tablet

2011 will be the year of webos!
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I called it! I've been saying that they will be doing multiple form factors since I first heard about the hp takeover.

pre
    pixi
    slab
    landscape slider
    tablet

2011 will be the year of webos!
    Rahul Sood?...
    This rumor makes it seem as though Palm / HP is really planning to flood the market with webOS devices in 2011. We know that there is a planned tablet device, separate of this newly discovered 5-6 phone devices. But we also know there is at least one printer running webOS in the works and likely to be released in 2011. And it seems that HP has suggested netbooks with webOS as well, which would mean at least one more device. So how many webOS devices will we see in 2011? And 5-6 phones? How many form factors can there be?
    This is awesome. I just hope that they announce the majority of it at CES.

Perfect scenario would be to release the Palm Pad and 3 kick *** phones all within a month of CES. Iunno if that is possible though.
    so realistically if there is 5-6 phones PLUS a palmpad, that means that there will be a phone once every 2 months for the year of 2011... i gotta say im kinda excited thinkin bout all the delicious palm phones coming our way haha
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/25/2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate comment for family-friendly site
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    i gotta say im kinda excited thinkin bout all the delicious palm phones
    Did you changed your avatar for this post specifically?

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/25/2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Did you changed your avatar for this post specifically?

thats the avatar ive had for a while now, just works... ha
    seriously, who does make the pre and the pixi?

i wonder if one of those 5-6 devices is the watch. remember that blacked out picture with 3 devices, including one on the wrist.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5...neymystery.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by doona View Post
    This rumor makes it seem as though Palm / HP is really planning to flood the market with webOS devices in 2011. We know that there is a planned tablet device, separate of this newly discovered 5-6 phone devices. But we also know there is at least one printer running webOS in the works and likely to be released in 2011. And it seems that HP has suggested netbooks with webOS as well, which would mean at least one more device. So how many webOS devices will we see in 2011? And 5-6 phones? How many form factors can there be?
    I think the fact that the article says that Palm ordered these devices that the chance they are printers or netbooks is slim. I would guess that HP would want to keep its HP branding on product lines it currently has. I wonder if the Palmpad will be an HP device or a Palm device. Neither of these companies are in this space currently, well I guess the Slate is now avalible. So it could be telling on whether Palm as a brand will eventually be phased out. The watch, if it does exist, would also be another device where the branding could be up in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    seriously, who does make the pre and the pixi?

i wonder if one of those 5-6 devices is the watch. remember that blacked out picture with 3 devices, including one on the wrist.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5...neymystery.jpg
    Pre -> Chi-Mei Communication Systems (subsidiary of Foxconn)
    Pixi -> Compal
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast