Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Since Dell is in the same industry and has released the "streak" and the hardware was well received, do you think HP will release their own 5" and will the build quality match or exceed Dells streak?
    if they do, it'll save me the money i'm planning to spend on a tablet. of course, i'll have to spend that money on buying a bunch of less-than-fashionable "dad jeans" in order to carry my phone around in...

or perhaps a "european carry all" aka "man purse" aka "murse" aka "**g bag"...
    I hope not. I personally don't want a 5" hybrid phone/tablet. I wouldn't want a phone larger than 4" screen, and as far as tablet's go, i think the iPad set the standard for me @ around 10".

I do hope HP/Palm releases a phone similar to Dell's Venue Pro. That phone + webOS = Epic Win!!
    Last edited by Smartfah; 10/24/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I hope not. I personally don't want a 5" hybrid phone/tablet. I wouldn't want a phone larger than 4" screen, and as far as tablet's go, i think the iPad set the standard for me @ around 10".

I do hope HP/Palm releases a phone similar to Dell's Venue Pro. That phone + webOS = Epic Win!!
    honestly, i wouldn't actually go for 5" either. 4 is ideal to me. in the way of a tablet, i feel the ipad is too big. 8" area is what i feel would be the best mix of usability and potability. just my two cents.

+1 on the venue pro! it's sa-weeet!
    Have you seen the evo screen.. Huge! Now you're talking about something bigger. I hope not.. What they should be focussing on his a super phone that will have the world saying "Wow"
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I had a friend who was a tester for the Streak. Its WAY too big for a phone but nice to watching video on the go or perhaps playing games or a micro computer. I played with it a couple of days. I don't want one.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Have you seen the evo screen.. Huge! Now you're talking about something bigger. I hope not.. What they should be focussing on his a super phone that will have the world saying "Wow"
    Although I have yet to see one in person, most of the post I've read say it's not to big at all and the screen is second to none. They say once you use the 5" phone you will never go back. (hold off on the jokes, way to obvious!)

I for one thought about the EVO but may hold off if a 5" is coming from HP and hopefully on sprint.
    I wasn't aware that the Streak was well received...
    Quote..
    I for one thought about the EVO but may hold off if a 5" is coming from HP and hopefully on sprint.
    Quote End..

I guess.. To Each Is Own. Note: The chances of the screen getting crack or broke, is two times more than the pre2 glass screen.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Streak was well received...
    It certainly did get mixed reviews.

People at this forum would HATE it. It only has a 1 ghz processor and 512mb ram.

Oh and its running Android 1.6 so no flash. And no video chatting.
    5"? We can't even get'em to 3.5".
    Hp, Make a dell venue pro look-alike, give it 1gb of ram, and an omap 4 processor. Front facing camera, and a high QUALITY (not high megapixels, high quality) back camera.

I'm renewing my contract, and spending $400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

I just googled that for the first time to see what you were talking about.

4.1" is a little too big IMO for a portrait pre style phone, but.. 3.8 would be a great ideal size for that type.

You could have 2 versions, one with and one without a sliding keyboard to try to keep some people happy for their preference.

Wouldn't change too too much for build design.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I just googled that for the first time to see what you were talking about.

4.1" is a little too big IMO for a portrait pre style phone, but.. 3.8 would be a great ideal size for that type.

You could have 2 versions, one with and one without a sliding keyboard to try to keep some people happy for their preference.

Wouldn't change too too much for build design.
    Yeah, 4.1 is a little too big, 3.8 or so might be an all around better size, but if they kept it at 4.1 I wouldn't be mad at all. As far as keyboards go, I prefer portrait slider. I'm sure HP/Palm will release both a keyboard & all touch screen device, probably not the exact same device; but something to accommodate both nonetheless.
    I have to agree as well... HP/Palm should stay within the 4" and 3.7" inches range imo. Anything over 4" is just to big and uncomfortable to hold when calling. Hopefully HP will continue with Palm's riverstone styling ideas and apply/hire some of the guys from the Pre Mock Up contest.
    I feel 5 is too big. I want 4 inch w/keyboard. And ten-twelve inches for a tablet. 8 is ok for smple use but I want a heavy productive tablet. Something this size allows for portability yet function. More produxtive software an be mad as the scren leaves more room for fingers, more power can be put in the device as it will have more space for bigger processors, more ram, and graphics. More storage allows for no worries about having not enough room, and more room for more technologies to be incoeperated, such as compuses, multiband radios (not a big deal for me bu I'm thinking of others on that) 4g obviously, and even good quality cameras, all with batter battery due to more space and a light easy mobile os such as webos... To me I think that could replace my laptop for many functions if full featured software would become available. The need for no cd drive and the no need for regular optical disks saves alot of space inside and it could have a sd card reader usb ports, and a hdmi out port. It'd be lightweight and powerful. And fit nice in a breafcase or bookbag. To me the ipads 10 inch is much more appealing then a 7 inch. I would hardly consider that. Especially for the prices. 10-12 for tablets 3.5-4.3 for phones.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I want a 4"+ screen.
    Large screen phones are for those who need to compensate for something.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    so funny,for years phones were getting smaller and smaller. The smaller your phone,the cooler yr phone. Now it has gone the other way. Very interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so funny,for years phones were getting smaller and smaller. The smaller your phone,the cooler yr phone. Now it has gone the other way. Very interesting
    I think to make that comment almost everyday. Kind of strange, isn't it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast