Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Buying a 10 inch tablet just makes you a fool. Could have a more powerful netbook with real os for cheaper at that size.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Large screen phones are for those who need to compensate for something.
    scrolling.....
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so funny,for years phones were getting smaller and smaller. The smaller your phone,the cooler yr phone. Now it has gone the other way. Very interesting
    back in the day cell phones were used for one purpose, making calls. I agree if that's all your using it for find the smallest phone you can find.

at least for me the majority of my use is on the internet so the larger the screen the better. If they can engineer an even larger screen with not too big a footprint, bring it!!!
    who in gods name would want a 5" smartphone? the evo and it's 4" is big enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    scrolling.....
    That's what Pinch and Zoom and kinetic scrolling is for.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/26/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Buying a 10 inch tablet just makes you a fool. Could have a more powerful netbook with real os for cheaper at that size.
    As a person who has had both, I say not really. While a netbook is cheaper and has a more powerful OS. It is not as user friendly and fun to use as an iPad. Playing games, browsing the web, and reading books on an iPad like Tablet device is a real pleasure. Things are just done quicker on touch screen devices.

I really hope that we see a webOS Palm Pad soon.
    Exactly my thoughts, Rainforrest. I would love to have my five levels of computing:
    • Smartphone
    • Tablet
    • Notebook
    • Desktop
    • Server

Each has its own place in my world.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so funny,for years phones were getting smaller and smaller. The smaller your phone,the cooler yr phone. Now it has gone the other way. Very interesting
    Thin is still in. As for size, well we are using the screen for many more things then the old days. Having said that, I am for 3.7-4 inch screens. Evo was too big for me.
    HP's fully capable of making any number of iterations of webOS devices. Big, small, sliders, slabs, tablets, toasters--you name it, they could make it. And I hope they do (minus the toaster, maybe), because the more webOS devices on the market, the better. It'll be a little difficult for developers if they mess with screen resolutions too much, but I'm sure developers would rather write for a successful platform with 20 devices than an unsuccessful one with 2 or 3.

For an example of what HP is capable of, check out their line of PCs. Whether desktop, all-in-one, notebooks, netbooks, or Tablet PCs, HP has something for everyone. Inexpensive and bland all the way up to the more expensive (but not Macbook expensive) Envy line. They can do this because they have an unparalleled supply chain and 40,000 engineers on staff. I don't expect to see anything different with webOS.
    Last edited by wynand32; 10/25/2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12