Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was a die hard Treo abuser for over 5 years. I loved the keyboard & screen. Why wont palm bring back the classic design. I just can't deal with the small keyboards they have now. I want to leave android & come back to palm bit not until they have a better keyboard. Am i being ridiculous?
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    I was a die hard Treo abuser for over 5 years. I loved the keyboard & screen. Why wont palm bring back the classic design. I just can't deal with the small keyboards they have now. I want to leave android & come back to palm bit not until they have a better keyboard. Am i being ridiculous?
    Sorry, but current palm keyboards are same sized as Treo keyboards

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    ...and why would we want an outdated form factor. I hear that word a lot on the forum. Some call the pres outdated. Personally, I don't think so.

Regards,
    Palm's newer keyboards are way better than the Treo keyboards IMHO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i think we need a keyboard OverHaul..
    The keys may be the same, but the space between the keys is different which is why Treo users have trouble typing w/o user finger nails.
    My Treo used to go click, click, click. My Pre goes mush, mush, mush.

I could put the cursor between two letters on my Treo in 1 second. Pre is a nightmare trying to edit anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    My Treo used to go click, click, click. My Pre goes mush, mush, mush.

I could put the cursor between two letters on my Treo in 1 second. Pre is a nightmare trying to edit anything.
    Do you know the option-drag trick to move the cursor? Not quite as effective as the old D-pad, but it's far from a nightmare.
    Yah, I know that shortcut. I still consider it a nightmare as far as productivity is concerned. Swinging back and forth around the insertion point like a swing at a playground.
    Won't happen..........
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    The keys may be the same, but the space between the keys is different which is why Treo users have trouble typing w/o user finger nails.
    correct. The pre keyboardis like the centro, not the treo.

I would only want the wider keyboaer if it is a landscape keyboard like motodroid2. I hope palm comes out with a landscape option in addition to te pre. I got used to the centro so I don't mind, but I know there are some like the OP that want a bigger keyboard.

if palm hadn't hamstrung the pixi, it would probably be perfect for the OP.

what I miss about my treo and centro are PIM features more than hardware.
    true if the next pre type design could use not only the spacing, but the same rubberized keys they used in the treo 755p I think they 'd have a winner. To me it would take making the pre a tad wider, though of course if they just made a landscape keyboard that would make everything better.
  13.    #13  
    Maybe I wasnt really clear in my original post. I dont neccesarily want the entire Treo back, just some of the hardware. I mean if they would have made the pixi a little bit bigger, keyboard better, and the specs of the pre, then id be all for that.

As for the keyboards being the same that couldnt be farther from the truth. The other poster who said they are more like the centro is correct and I had issues when I tried a centro, not to mention the buttons on the pre dont stick out nearly as much as the old keyboards.

What I am really looking for is something bigger than the pixi but with the same look, I am not a fan in anyway of sliders, no matter who makes them, just my opinion.

I guess I just loved my treo for all it was worth, and to be honest, if I was able to get email on it, I would be back to it in a second. It was simple, yet powerful and oh yea, my battery didnt die in a day!
    I think its called a pixi?
    I had no trouble getting email on my Treo and I really didn't find switching from its keyboard to the Pre to be much different.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    loved my treo 700p, so much so I still pick it up every once in a while...but I think that has more to do with the palm OS than the treo hardware. Yes the battery life was outstanding, but that was also in a day when we weren't required to purchase a data plan, and so I didn't have an always on 3G data plan (i don't even think it had 3G...prob 2G)...in fact, I had no need for a data plan in med school back then, it was only when I needed access to email and online search databases like google or yahoo to look up addresses when I started interviewing for jobs that I purchased a 9.99 a month data plan, for I think 20 mb per month (dont remember the exact data amt). Even then the battery lasted FOREVER.

I still don't understand why in this new world of 3G and soon to be 4G, why battery life is so terrible, even if email is checked manually and you shut off all data sucking programs and activities in the background, except for the phone itself with data left on...what data is going on in the background is beyond me but it's extremely inefficient battery life handing, a BIG problem with webOS.

going back to the treo...before 3G days, that thing had great battery life and STILL came STANDARD with an 1800 mA battery. Palm has stocked their webOS phones with woefully inadequate 1150 mA batteries, and I don't care how efficient newer processors are, it's still too small.

what palm or hp should do, is restablish the treo brand, stock it with atleast a 1400-1500 mA battery (the upcoming droid pro has a 1420 mA), even if it
    means adding some bulk, and include that in their portfolio of devices...targeted at perhaps the enterprise/blackberry crowd, similar to what the droid pro is aiming to do. Since the "treo pro" name was already wasted on a wm device that didn't catch on much, perhaps they can name it the Treo HD, or Treo Plus (nah!), Treo with HP WebOS (sounds too microsoftish), iTreo (bah!), or simply the "Treo" without any numbers attached.
    The 700P was Palm's first 3G PalmOS smartphone.

If you really want a 1400 mA battery for your Pre/Pixi you can get one. I have a 1400 mA Mugen and it works great.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Please, God, no! I went from a 650 to the Pre (anyone remember Kmaps, btw?), and I don't miss those days one single bit. Getting it to tether was like cracking the Enigma code. Treos were great, but a tweaked Pre is a fantastic device.
    Yes Please!

Give me something like this that runs WebOS:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i never had a treo what they like? they horrid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast