1.    #1  
    Hello,

I went to the Sprint store at the mall. I almost took a knee. The gentleman said a few riidiculous things. Pertaining to plm though, the evo and epic are the best phone you can get anywhere. Not only that, they will be the best for at least one year. That's it. I made some statement about google. Then I went home to take a nap.

Long story short, why would he do this to my brain?

I just thought someone might like to know... Isn't just you.

peace.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbatteredben View Post
    Hello,

I went to the Sprint store at the mall. I almost took a knee. The gentleman said a few riidiculous things. Pertaining to plm though, the evo and epic are the best phone you can get anywhere. Not only that, they will be the best for at least one year. That's it. I made some statement about google. Then I went home to take a nap.

Long story short, why would he do this to my brain?

I just thought someone might like to know... Isn't just you.

peace.
    Ben
    Lol... +1

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    what was the rediculousness he said to u about palm, or did i miss it?
    I think it would be obvious to not ask a store rep any question about unreleased devices.
    I guess the only people that say good things about palm... are palm loyal customers. Some palm users never have anything good to say either > although they own a webos phone. Ugh!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I not too sure where you are going with this.... EVO and EPIC are sprints flagships and will probably remain the flagships until sometime next year.....

And according to a few little websites like PC MAGAZINE, CONSUMER REPORTS, ENGADGET, and CTIA.. they are some of the best gadget in the market today...

Your rant is pointless..... sorry
    Who cares reps have their own opinions on what is the best phone; and do you even know if this was a corporate store or a 3rd party sprint exclusive store.

Everything sales reps say and phone reps and those chatting on the web, doesn't matter its all a bunch of baloney.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Who cares reps have their own opinions on what is the best phone; and do you even know if this was a corporate store or a 3rd party sprint exclusive store.

Everything sales reps say and phone reps and those chatting on the web, doesn't matter its all a bunch of baloney.
    Well, that was very disrespectful to me
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    Well, that was very disrespectful to me
    How so?

I am just kinda getting annoyed with all the threads about what a reps told them regarding especially regarding new phones and the palm pre 2. These reps could say whatever they want, so it doesn't really matter. In this case It's about the rep told him the evo and epic are the best phones. well thats his opinion, and that is all it is.
    Let me show yu somethin *pretends to be a sprint rep: we will not carry the pre 2, however, we do have a plam phone that we are goin to release in early next year..thats all I can say about that* some1 come tells the forms and now every1s happy...but if I say "we will no longer carry any palm phones, however, we do have great phones like the evo and epic you may like" now the forms are mad.....you can't get info from a rep...there job is to do one thing ..make a sale...and some will say anything to make that sale

we already know sprint will not get the pre2, so get over it! you guys have to remember that android is their top selling phones right now. the evo & epic bring BIG money in. plus they still have a sour taste from the original pre & pixi. i wouldn't count on sprint carrying any palm phones for quite some time.

either wait for webos 2.0 and keep your pre or move on to android.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    we already know sprint will not get the pre2, so get over it! you guys have to remember that android is their top selling phones right now. the evo & epic bring BIG money in. plus they still have a sour taste from the original pre & pixi. i wouldn't count on sprint carrying any palm phones for quite some time.

either wait for webos 2.0 and keep your pre or move on to android.
    I would count on sprint sellin w/e they feel will bring in money be it be bb/ webos/ or android... I doubt they have a sour taste but palm don't have a flagship ready and sprint don't want a 2nd rate device

Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I would count on sprint sellin w/e they feel will bring in money be it be bb/ webos/ or android... I doubt they have a sour taste but palm don't have a flagship ready and sprint don't want a 2nd rate device

I erased my original message, might have been a little over the top, but seriously, I would think that a Sprint store, just like any other cell phone store, carries more than top of the line, "flagship" devices. Palm Pre is still on the main page at Bell Mobility, and if you look around there are all sorts of phones in there, that aren't flagship devices. If Sprint didn't carry a 2nd rate device, how are people that either, a) can't afford a $600 phone, or b)don't want a $600 phone, going to get a cell phone? What you said didn't make any sense to me
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14.    #14  
    Yo,

A couple of things....

That was not a rant. If you want a rant, I could come up with one about not having shoes I want in my size (10.5) at the mall of damn america.

I did not ask about palm. I like to get an idea about what sort of person I'm talking to first. The gentleman yesterday did not give me a good feeling in my head, so I cut it short.

I am more than happy with my pre. As I have been upgrade eligible for more than a year now, I am willing to wait until I find somthing I like. However long that is going to take.

I just want to know how it would be possible that those two phones would still be the best in one year. I can't imagine there isn't a better android phone in the pipeline as we speak.

Are we saying HTC is just taking a vacation from putting out a new phone every few weeks like they seem? If so, I need another nap.

word?
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbatteredben View Post
    I went to the Sprint store at the mall.
    That's the funniest part of the whole story.
    I don't get it .....enlighten us.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It's too bad Sprint is abandoning their Pre owners.