Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    After finally calming down a little about no Sprint Pre2 I started thinking about the "two new phones" HPalm is supposed to be announcing in January. One should definitely be an EVO-like slab to compete in that arena, but I'm hoping the other one will have a physical keyboard. Something like the Pre form factor, but with larger screen, thinner and with much better keyboard, build quality, and specs. Something like that would make me forget all about the Pre2 and wait it out.
    +1 hoping they continue to offer a portrait slider w/physical keyboard. Don't want a pixi form factor device nor a landscape slider.
    I won't be forgetting about the pre2 anytime soon. I'll just wait and see what they have to offer. I'm not getting my hopes up again, who knows sprint might not want the other webos phone either.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    The only reason I want a Pre 2 is that I'm worried that the next Sprint webos superphone will be keyboardless. I really want my physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    +1 hoping they continue to offer a portrait slider w/physical keyboard. Don't want a pixi form factor device nor a landscape slider.
    Exactly.
    I wish Sprint would just say something so I could decide how to proceed. Ready to bring my wife over from Verizon for a Palm phone and I'm up for an upgrade.

Now we're in limbo. I won't go for anything without a real keyboard. Portrait preferably. Slab would probably be fine for her.

I'm now pondering trying a Blackberry with a keyboard and the OS6 but would stick it out even 6 months for:

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...40-mockup.html
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Exactly.
    Ditto
    I definitely want a keyboard. A portrait keyboard would probably be ok, too.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Oh yeah! My credit card just popped out of my wallet all by itself!!!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Ditto
    ditto
    yes !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im not gonna lie i do want a landscape slider...
    I don't know if they would have two portrait slider phones, I for one would love a slightly larger pixi, maybe 3.1 inch screen with a slightly better keyboard. My question would be, Do you think palm will continue with the gummy tic-tac looking keyboard that began with centro and are on pre and pixi?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I'd like to post a poll about prefered phone form-factor, but it didn't seem to be working. Anybody know how to do it?

These were the options I was considering:

(1) Portrait slider keyboard ala Pre or BB Torch

(2) Landscape slider keyboard ala Droid

(3) Candybar keyboard ala Pixi or Treo

(4) No-keyboard slab ala iPhone or EVo
    I'd like to post a poll about prefered phone form-factor, but it didn't seem to be working. Anybody know how to do it?

These were the options I was considering:

(1) Portrait slider keyboard ala Pre or BB Torch

(2) Landscape slider keyboard ala Droid

(3) Candybar keyboard ala Pixi or Treo

(4) No-keyboard slab ala iPhone or EVo
    I Hope HP/Palm comes out with all four, a choice for every preference. Actually hopefully maybe 5 I would have 2 candy bar keyboard phones a very small sleek one like pixi, and also a slightly larger more powerful better keyboard pixi pro.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Pre-Central just started the vote for favorite new webOS phone mockup, they must have been reading my mind (or vice versa.)
    Something like the Pre form factor, but with larger screen, thinner and with much better keyboard, build quality, and specs. Something like that would make me forget all about the Pre2 and wait it out.
    Yes that would be pretty cool. Would like some assurance that we're getting something . . .

BTW, listened to this week's LONG Palmcast, and recall Dieter, Derek, and Keith all saying how much they were annoyed by people saying "HPalm".. doesn't really bother me but I guess it does some people.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    ... saying how much they were annoyed by people saying "HPalm"...
    Now that I think about it, it does kind of sound like a cross between a large nuclear bomb and an infamous incendiary device. I'll refrain in the future.
    I like the current keyboard the way it is. I did however see a prototype, I can't remember where it is exactly where the keyboard was rotateable into the landscape view, if preferred. If they could build a slide out, and then rotateable keyboard, that was strong enough to handle being opened and closed and rotated and on and on and on into infinity and beyond, that would be pretty cool, me thinks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    This is what my HD2 mockup design is, actually.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein