Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    No OS is "enough". iOS without the App Store and iTunes would be a buttery smooth featurephone with a cool media player. WebOS - with all of the features in the world added - will still just be a really cool OS. It needs apps, incredible hardware and an ecosystem.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No OS is "enough". iOS without the App Store and iTunes would be a buttery smooth featurephone with a cool media player. WebOS - with all of the features in the world added - will still just be a really cool OS. It needs apps, incredible hardware and an ecosystem.
    +1 exactly, as long as Webos continues in the right direction it will be, BUT and a huge BUT only if they finally released Hardware and specs that are competitve in the market, and rev up there applications. Hopefully Webos 2.0 turns some developers heads to start producing for the OS, otherwise it will keep slipping.
  3. #23  
    I could see more and better things in the future for HP|Palm ~ and their updates for the hp webos. My fascination for the webos is what drives me to stick with webos phones. I have an intuitive guess that hp|palm is going to make it after all.(IMO)
  4. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #24  
    Exactly, I'm still thinking of going back to iOS simply because of what I can actually get done. Sure the OS isn't conceptually as good as webOS, but who cares if I can't get a SiriusXM, Netflix, or USAA banking app. I enjoy using webOS every day, but I do miss having access to my Sirius and Netflix stuff on the go, and the ability to deposit checks into my Checking account with my phone.
  5. #25  
    no i do not think webos 2.0 will be enough. they need to release an updated high end phone to even compete at all. if they do not i officially declare palm dead in the water. palm is lucky most of us have even stayed with them this long.
  6. #26  
    WebOS is still evolutionary without the 2.0 update. Don't like it? Take your ball and go home. My $.02.
  7. #27  
    I think the biggest part of WebOS 2.0 is the api's. That's where WebOS has been lacking.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    WebOS is still evolutionary without the 2.0 update. Don't like it? Take your ball and go home. My $.02.
    That's great advice, but its why Palm is sporting an HP logo.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's great advice, but its why Palm is sporting an HP logo.
    For the same reason it's now officially called HP weOS.
  10. #30  
    For everyone saying Palm is dead, Palm won't last, blah, blah, blah. You do realize HP is now in control and has the money to pump into webOS until it does succeed? It can be a failure for the next 5 years and it will still be around. It's the Microsoft approach. Work with something until it becomes successful. It took them 2 generations with the Xbox to get on top but they are there now, and they did it by losing a lot of money with the first one.

    HP is in it for the long haul. No matter how bad webOS does in the consumer market it won't die. It is here to stay no matter what. So please stop with the "Palm is dead" remarks. If HP didn't buy them, then sure you would be correct, but that is not the case anymore.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    HP is in it for the long haul. No matter how bad webOS does in the consumer market it won't die. It is here to stay no matter what. So please stop with the "Palm is dead" remarks. If HP didn't buy them, then sure you would be correct, but that is not the case anymore.
    Yes - just like VoodooPC ... oops!
  12. #32  
    We really need to take it to the next level with a totally brand new phone. Webos2.0 , 4g, 4" screen, 1.5 ghz , two cameras the abiltiy to use the microphone. Lets go already I understand things take time but I hope the fact sprint is not getting the pre2 it kind of could make sense that palm has a 4g coming fairly soon.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes - just like VoodooPC ... oops!
    They were just a hardware company with no real core product. You can see their influence in products like the Envy, but there was no real reason to keep the brand alive. That was really all it was, a brand.

    webOS is a real asset. Totally different.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    They were just a hardware company with no real core product. You can see their influence in products like the Envy, but there was no real reason to keep the brand alive. That was really all it was, a brand.

    webOS is a real asset. Totally different.
    Okay....so explain why the iPaq was acquired and then left to wither and die.
  15. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Okay....so explain why the iPaq was acquired and then left to wither and die.
    "iPAQ" wasn't acquired. Compaq was acquired and that device came with them.

    HP bought Palm for webOS.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    WebOS is still evolutionary without the 2.0 update. Don't like it? Take your ball and go home. My $.02.
    i disagree, webos is nice but the hardware it runs on sucks. without good hardware it is useless. if i couldn't overclock my pre to 1ghz i wouldn't of ever come back to webos.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i disagree, webos is nice but the hardware it runs on sucks. without good hardware it is useless. if i couldn't overclock my pre to 1ghz i wouldn't of ever come back to webos.
    Minus the build quality how does the hardware suck? When the Pre was released it had one of the fastest CPUs available on any smartphone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Minus the build quality how does the hardware suck? When the Pre was released it had one of the fastest CPUs available on any smartphone.
    try running the pre on the stock speed.... it sucks, always has. it's almost like the cpu was meant to run at 800mhz or 1ghz..

    the pre2 specs are decent low grade specs, nothing even close to the competition.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    try running the pre on the stock speed.... it sucks, always has. it's almost like the cpu was meant to run at 800mhz or 1ghz..

    the pre2 specs are decent low grade specs, nothing even close to the competition.
    Uhhh, the Pre 2 has the same specs as other top tier phones. The OMAP3630 is faster than a Snapdragon. Other than the screen it is on par with anything else out there.

    Get your facts straight dude.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions