Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So is there anyone else that hopes it looks somewhat like the windows 7 tablet HP just released? I think that looks dead sexy... And if you take off the wacom digitizer and put on webOS instead of win 7 it'd probably end up being around 500 bucks... Idk, just a thought.
    Being able to use a stylus (Wacom) as well as touch is a big plus to my way of thinking.
    I agree.
    They will need to replace the x86 internals with an ARM setup. OMAP4 1.2ghz dual core + 64GB internal storage + giant battery = Win. I like the physical design of the Slate too. I hope the palmpad looks similar.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    They will need to replace the x86 internals with an ARM setup. OMAP4 1.2ghz dual core + 64GB internal storage + giant battery = Win. I like the physical design of the Slate too. I hope the palmpad looks similar.
    and hopefully keeps the cameras and USB ports
  6.    #6  
    I was kind of hoping for that 1.5ghz triple core marvel chip, then have a 32 gb option, a good battery, and a 720p screen, and hopefully theyd be able to keep the price of that at 600...
    I Hope they keep with Palms designs and aesthetics like pre and pixi; hopefully it will look like an oversized full touchscreen pixi.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I Hope they keep with Palms designs and aesthetics like pre and pixi; hopefully it will look like an oversized full touchscreen pixi.
    There is a mock-up that has the same form as the Pixi but it has an all touchscreen front. Its the Superior HD. The shape of the Pixi is pretty awesome. Too bad almost everything else sucks about it.
    I wish they'd drop the name.
    Be nice to have the good stuff from phones as well to make it stand out: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, gps. I vote for a stylus layer as well. Sketching notes, art dabbling.

Not to mention actually being able to cut/copy/paste like with my Treo without wanting to put an icepick in my eye out of frustration.
    The design vibe of the Slate is very reminiscent of the iPhone 4, just with a rubber back and too many buttons and holes. I would also think they would want to revisit the placement of the front camera. The corner seems like an odd choice.
    i personally do like the look of it, quite a lot. and the size too. i don't want it bigger though. the 8 inch range seems like the ideal mix of portablilty and usability.

i would like the cameras upgraded though, and the front one centeered. smaller bezel would be nice too. and perhaps to rearrange some of the ports. just a few tweaks here and there to make it more like a consumer device, as opposed to an enterprise device. and less (or no, besides power, buttons.). thing slike, as was mentioned above, adding all of the little touches that make smartphones so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Being able to use a stylus (Wacom) as well as touch is a big plus to my way of thinking.
    Too bad you'll loose it because it doesn't store it in the tablet.
    Very big plus having the digitizer, that's one of the main reasons I want it, so that I can have it instead of a Wacom tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    There is a mock-up that has the same form as the Pixi but it has an all touchscreen front. Its the Superior HD. The shape of the Pixi is pretty awesome. Too bad almost everything else sucks about it.
    I hope that the PalmPad will be similar to the mock-up made by Virox (Palm Pre 2, PalmPad, and Palm Watch). The design of his webOS tablet fits in perfectly with Palm's Riverstone designs.

Please HP, don't follow the ugly 70's looking box designs that other manufacters are producing today.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Too bad you'll loose it because it doesn't store it in the tablet.
    I've had many stylus devices over the years. Only one had a poor design for storing the stylus on board which caused me to lose several styli: the Palm III.
    Last edited by tasogare; 10/25/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Why would they need to change the to ARM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Very big plus having the digitizer, that's one of the main reasons I want it, so that I can have it instead of a Wacom tablet.
    You and me both.
    Have you all seen this video of the Play Book in action? It looks a lot like wOS, wouldn't you say? Here is the real competition for wOS.
    thanks dandbj13. hadn't been on engadget yet today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast