1.    #1  
    HP Palm needs to make a device that will be a carrier flagship in order to take over the smartphone market, but that cannot be done on any carrier. ATT's flagship smartphone is and will be the iphone for a long time, so there is no space for Palm. Verizon could be a good place, but google with HTC and motorola are not going to make it easy. Plus according to rumors the Verizon iphone may be announced on this CES 2011. So where else can Palm be a flagship device? Sprint is the answer! Yes! Sprint did all they could with the original Pre and sold pretty well. However, the build quality of the Pre was responsible for a high number of returns. This isn't a good thing for both Palm and Sprint, but I'm going to bet my Palm loyalty that on this CES 2011 Palm and Sprint are going to announce a new Sprint Flagship device. This device is going to knock everything out of the water and once again Palm will be the best of CES. Now, if that doesn't happen, I will no longer be with Palm and I will move on to whatever Sprint is selling. I think chances of Palm not announcing something with Sprint are really low though. Time will tell...
    It's good to have dreams...
    I think HP should just buy motorola.
    Maybe the Pre should be Cricket or MetroPC flagship phone.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Maybe the Pre should be Cricket or MetroPC flagship phone.
    Metro PC has some pretty good phones. Cricket could have a Palm phone be their flagship device as they have some pretty crappy Android phones. My hope though is that HPalm comes out with something so awesome that is stumps the EVO and Epic. Both of those phones rock harecore. In fact I will be getting the Epic next month for my upgrade.
    I wish I had the patience to wait until CES 2011 but I would rather get a proven device now and wait for an awesome device for my next upgrade next November. Did I mention I get upgrades every year? Sprint is awesome! I understand people's hate toward Sprint but I personally wouldn't let one bad customer experience effect how much I pay a month on my bill and skip out on all that Sprint offers. Especially since 9/10 CS experiences are good ones.
    Well, lets hope HP comes out with an amazing super phone (or two) and some awesome tablets to the consumers, running webOS of course.
    Last edited by benthe1; 10/22/2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sprint has doesn't really have a flagship brand, however I am not yet certain HP will be that brand next year. HP/Palm really needs to create a flagship device and tweak for every carrier, giving each one a certain feature thats exclusive to that carrier.
    HP needs to make several super webOS devices and spread the love to all the big carriers (USA & Abroad). Also, they should sell unbranded/unlocked versions too. If HP makes some excellent Phones and Advertises well like the new: Palm Pre 2 Commerial - Sizzle ... and better. The people will buy and HP will make $$$$$$$.$$...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    HP has to buy Sprint.....that is the only way to be the Flagship....
    Unfortunately that wouldn't be the best business decision (sorry Sprint users). With all carriers in the USA and most in the world moving towards LTE.. and Sprint will be the lone WiMAX provider.. it would limit HP/Palms reach for customers and marketshare
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Unfortunately that wouldn't be the best business decision (sorry Sprint users). With all carriers in the USA and most in the world moving towards LTE.. and Sprint will be the lone WiMAX provider.. it would limit HP/Palms reach for customers and marketshare
    You must not know Sprint's intentions. Clearwire's first LTE trial results are in: 90Mbps down, 30Mbps up -- Engadget Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    my bad then

I'm in Canada so that would explain that lack of knowledge down south
    why not just launch a flagship device on all carriers+an unlocked developer version??
    I do hope this flagship phone would be introduce on Sprint the now network. I have had a dreams become reality before. Not impossible... My flagship is the one I have right now, might not be much to some, but a lot to me. The pre2 would be a nice upgrade to my pre right now.

The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.(LL-Cool-J)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    my bad then

I'm in Canada so that would explain that lack of knowledge down south
    Decided not to make comment!

Article is only from 20th so it is not old news.
    its not a bad idea, though even stated above the sprint exects once again only stated that sales were not as good as expected due to lack of inventory for demand. How is that stating as a huge bad thing that the sprint exects pounced on Palm, and never wants to deal with them again? does anyone think with all the other companys and devices they provided for carriers in the past, that didnt do well will never get love from anyone again, just because of one device. You would be very blind to think so. Sprint and Palm have a long history together, and have made each other alot of money over the years, and one device that came up short to expectations (and it wouldnt be the first) is not going to trample their relationship. Believe me its business, and Sprint will continue to support, and carry Palm (now HP) devices period.
    lol ya but I don't really go out of the way to hear what US carriers are doing as it doesn't affect me whatsoever. Kinda like the old psychology where you hear what you want to hear. In this case I read what I want to read lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Decided not to make comment!

Article is only from 20th so it is not old news.