Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Those apps are cool as a gimmick, but totally unnecessary if you know how to read a map. I have a low opinion of things designed to facilitate a lower IQ. It's not a requirement.
    Having Google search and Wikipedia is only cool as a gimmick, but totally unnecessary if you actually know how to read books and store things in your brain. I have a low opinion of things designed to facilitate a lower IQ. It's not a requirement.

Come on man. I agree it may not be as important to some people as others, but don't say silly things like "having a compass lowers your IQ".
    I have family that lives hundreds of miles away, as well as other family that lives half way across the globe. I talk to either of them more than twice a week. I'd like to be able to see them as well. So, for me:

front facing camera > compass.

Not saying I don't want a compass (as a novelty item) cuz I sure do. However, I'd MUCH RATHER prefer the camera over it, if I had to decide.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I have family that lives hundreds of miles away, as well as other family that lives half way across the globe. I talk to either of them more than twice a week. I'd like to be able to see them as well. So, for me:

front facing camera > compass.

Not saying I don't want a compass (as a novelty item) cuz I sure do. However, I'd MUCH RATHER prefer the camera over it, if I had to decide.
    Who says it has to be one or the other? A compass costs about $0.70 (cents) per phone.
    part of the reason why webos has failed in the marketplace is because these capabilities don't exist.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    If they don't add a gyroscope it will suck compared the competition...

Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    A compass would be a thousand times more useful in real life than a front-facing camera. Yet people sneer at a compass and loudly demand front-facing cameras.
    THANK YOU!

Seems to me a front-facing camera is better suited to a tablet and a compass is better suited to a handset. I haven't seen anyone yet walking around holding an ipad up in front of their face...but I HAVE seen folks doing that with their Android phones and iPhones. Likewise, I haven't seen anyone walking around doing a video chat on their handset, though I HAVE seen folks on two or three occasions video chatting on their note/net books.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12