1.    #1  
    i can only wait with wide eyes for whats to come... the HP Slate was finally announced today as engadget reports and i have come to feel that these r the secondary devices that HPalm really wants to push out. i feel like that there will b more announced products in the months to come of the gold we've been waiting for... just my 2 cents and wanted to report it if no one has seen it yet

***edit*** the 2 secondary devices i was talking about, or at least i feel r secondary devices, being the pre2 and the win7 slate
    well with the slate now official and with pretty good specs.. For those that are impatient/upset/never happy/whatever the case is.. Its proof hp means business and I can only imagine they'll be even more serious with webos since they used such a large chunk of their pocket change on them.

you might be upset about the pre 2 for whatever silly reason but realize it is a PRE launch of the new hp era. Might as wel limit production and work out any qwerks before the serious devices hit the market
  3.    #3  
    no i like the pre2, i LOVE the pre, i just think that i could upgrade a 3.8 or higher screen, and with the hardware they have in the pre2 on that size screen that would b amazing. im on my 6th pre and havent even thought about switching to another OS hands down... 'nuff said on me not liking the form factor(just letting u kno my thought on the current model)

my main purpose was to state that these two devices that have been almost pushed aside by HP/Palm probably because of the merger, i feel like all the magic is gonna start soon enough, and the things that will come out will come to fruition within the next few months...
    I guess that was my bad OP. None of that was actually targeted at you.

It was just a generalization and definitely was agree with you on your points for the topic. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    no i like the pre2, i LOVE the pre, i just think that i could upgrade a 3.8 or higher screen, and with the hardware they have in the pre2 on that size screen that would b amazing. im on my 6th pre and havent even thought about switching to another OS hands down... 'nuff said on me not liking the form factor(just letting u kno my thought on the current model)

my main purpose was to state that these two devices that have been almost pushed aside by HP/Palm probably because of the merger, i feel like all the magic is gonna start soon enough, and the things that will come out will come to fruition within the next few months...
  5.    #5  
    not a problem what so ever, i am just personally excited to see what comes out cuz this obviously has to be the phone that was delayed and delayed cuz of the merger, and now with HP's funds and power behind palm, and their refresh to the pre out, its only a matter of time b4 the next big webos phone, tablet, etc is announced... and i have to say on a side note that my guess for the announcement was not only CLOSE to the announcement for the pre, 2 days off, but was dead right for the announcement of the HP Slate. just wish it was the next big palm phone, but im still waiting
    ah yeah, fair enough.. we'd all love that next big palm phone, but unfortunately it doesn't make much business sense until CES. As posted today, looks like Palm have ramped up their senior staff to lead us to the next best thing so definitely good things are on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    yeah, they will announce something at ces, then around june it will finally come out! Been there done that.
    I'll bet you the phone announced at ces (if one is announced) will be out on the market before the end of march.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I'll bet you the phone announced at ces (if one is announced) will be out on the market before the end of march.
    I agree. I don't see HP making the same mistakes Palm made.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I think it's pretty obvious that the phone itself wasn't the problem. WebOS, even in its launch state, wasn't totally ready for prime time. If WebOS had been at 1.1 level in January, I think the phone would have hit in March-April time-frame (still needed to ramp up production).

With the Pre 2/WebOS 2 launch, it's pretty clear they plan to have phones ready shortly after launching.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that the phone itself wasn't the problem. WebOS, even in its launch state, wasn't totally ready for prime time. If WebOS had been at 1.1 level in January, I think the phone would have hit in March-April time-frame (still needed to ramp up production).

With the Pre 2/WebOS 2 launch, it's pretty clear they plan to have phones ready shortly after launching.

i think ur absolutely right, and i PERSONALLY think that they r going to take a blitz approach somewhat like HTC so that they can have a quick launch for newer products, just not b pushing 10 of them a month haha but i guess only time will tell... and like they say, paitence is a virtue, and ive waited this long, so y not a few more months
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    yeah, they will announce something at ces, then around june it will finally come out! Been there done that.
    That was little old Palm. They have most of these phones already produced. Early February is more like it.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    I just hope that with the webOS tablet they keep it in the 8 inch range. That just seems like the perfect size for me. I really hope they don't copy apple and do one the same size as theirs. I really feel like about 8 inches is the perfect size for getting cozy in bed with (let's leave that one alone, eh?) and for being nice and portable while still big enough to enjoy media. 10 inches is just too big for me.

Okay, have fun with this post.