more animation with cards to make webos look more attractive
    better music app like nanplayer
    better email and calender
    try to incorporate more patches
    netflix
    slingplayer
    hulu
    game controller

We need to get this right. For those complaining about "I NEED TO HAVE A KEYBOARD" well thats not what is selling right now so suck it up BIG DISPLAYS are IN. And yes all that is listed is necessary. ALL OF IT. It seems single core processors are still not powerful enough to make webos 2.0 fly. I think its because the operating system is so inefficient. pre 2 is fast but still not fast enough. Hopefully dual core can seriously speed things up.

I think the fact that webos is so clean looking (something that i love) is actually hurting webos. When someone looks at android (even though it looks cluttered) they say wow look at all this stuff this thing has to offer. While on webos you have to search for those things (if you can find it). At a glance info must somehow be incorporated.

i think this Guy did an awesome job with his widgets
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...bos-phone.html

This guys gets landscape form spot on
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...lm-pre-hd.html
    we = palm?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    we = palm?
    lol you guys know what i mean
    For your 4.3" screen, you'll need better resolution than that. That works on the iphone's 3.5" but you're talking much bigger screen.

But you're on the right track.

This is obvious stuff though. Palm has known about slabs and their popularity since 2007. Android capitalized on it especially on carriers without iphones. Even RIM played around with a half baked one but lacked the OS to make it work (storm).

I can't help but continue to be amazed Palm hasn't released a slab phone yet. Or isn't even far enough along to preview one. Seriously..
    yeah, palm tried the keyboard as a defiant philosophy. I think hp will bring multiple form factors, like winpho and android, but as a single brand of hardware from a single company. That might give them an edge?
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 10/21/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Better resolution than 960x640? That's the highest resolution on the market right now. The Evo has a 4.3'' screen with 800x480 and it still looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    For your 4.3" screen, you'll need better resolution than that. That works on the iphone's 3.5" but you're talking much bigger screen.

But you're on the right track.

This is obvious stuff though. Palm has known about slabs and their popularity since 2007. Android capitalized on it especially on carriers without iphones. Even RIM played around with a half baked one but lacked the OS to make it work (storm).

I can't help but continue to be amazed Palm hasn't released a slab phone yet. Or isn't even far enough along to preview one. Seriously..
    At That Point, Its Not Even A Phone Anymore......Its A Multifunctional Device With A Cell Phone Radio Built In.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    A 4.3" screen is too big for me.

A 3.7" screen is about what I want. 4" would be as big as I would go.
    that's what people say about every new wow phone
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    At That Point, Its Not Even A Phone Anymore......Its A Multifunctional Device With A Cell Phone Radio Built In.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    Better resolution than 960x640? That's the highest resolution on the market right now. The Evo has a 4.3'' screen with 800x480 and it still looks amazing.
    The minimum hardware requirements of the Android 3.0 Gingerbread operating system include the 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB of RAM, and a display which should be at least 3.5 inch or higher. But, most of us might have already heard of the Android handsets with 2 GHz CPU approaching our way. Moreover, a new resolution support of 1280 x 760 pixels have been incorporated and will prevail on devices which have a display of about 4 inch or higher.
    Your Evo is almost half a year old. By the time Palm would release their "superphone", it'd be about a year old. So yeah, more res please. Android 3 devices will pass the iphone in resolution.
    The other thing needed is apps.

But that's a pretty solid setup.

I would hope that with a 4.3inch screen the battery could be bigger than 1500.

Back camera should be 8mp or more just to be at least equal with the top phones.

Maybe up that ram to a gig.
  12.    #12  
    This is my point people complaining about its too big. Then tell me why people are all over phones bigger than 3.7in. it makes absolutely no sense to please just the 4 percent still with palm
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    This is my point people complaining about its too big. Then tell me why people are all over phones bigger than 3.7in. it makes absolutely no sense to please just the 4 percent still with palm
    Because the Precentral community is made up of generally weird people.

I agree completely.

My EVO screen is perfect. I could even see using a bigger screen. I could NEVERRRRRRR return to the Palm Pre size screen.
    First of all, I don't have an Evo. I am still using my launch day pre. I had an evo for 30 days before I retrned it. Secondly, higher resolution than 960x640 on a 3.5''/4.3'' screen is just silly. At that point would not be able to read text.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Your Evo is almost half a year old. By the time Palm would release their "superphone", it'd be about a year old. So yeah, more res please. Android 3 devices will pass the iphone in resolution.
    yah that was my point with all the form factors from hp. They need a high end line of phones, all different, on one table at ces, including a big *** slate, cause that's what the croud will gock at
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    First of all, I don't have an Evo. I am still using my launch day pre. I had an evo for 30 days before I retrned it. Secondly, higher resolution than 960x640 on a 3.5''/4.3'' screen is just silly. At that point would not be able to read text.
    I had an evo for 30 days before I returned it.

You're one of two others if that's even true.
    yeah I guess I am one of the 2 people ever who returned an Evo to go back to webOS due to it clearly being superior to Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

You're one of two others if that's even true.
    yeah I guess I am one of the 2 people ever who returned an Evo to go back to webOS due to it clearly being superior to Android.
    Very likely man.

Also "clearly being superior" is an opinion. And the marketshare numbers clearly indicate which OS is doing the best.

I like Webos but there's no way I would return my Evo to go back to the Pre.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    yah that was my point with all the form factors from hp. They need a high end line of phones, all different, on one table at ces, including a big *** slate, cause that's what the croud will gock at
    agree
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast