Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    got this one from Sprints Facebook Page

Matt Carter I wanted to thank you all that posted messages asking for HP WEBOS phones to be included in our lineup of phones. I wanted to reassure you, our customers, that Sprint and HP/Palm are working very diligently together to bring our costumers the best that the HP Webos platform can offer in the near future. Stay tuned!!

2 hours ago Comment Like View Feedback (9)Hide Feedback (9) Flag
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    This guy isn't a real Sprint employee. He's an actor. He gave it away here, "costumers!"
    is this true. Is there any real statement? Does facebook count?
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    This guy isn't a real Sprint employee. He's an actor. He gave it away here, "costumers!"
    @jodoan1 LOL!

It seems the post onslaught did get their attention. Now to find out exaclty what's going on. The difference between the Sprint and VZ phones has to do with some ID's and settings in the COM chips so Palm "reflashing" then to Sprints spec should be trivial and maybe they can make year end.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    @jodoan1 LOL!

It seems the post onslaught did get their attention. Now to find out exaclty what's going on. The difference between the Sprint and VZ phones has to do with some ID's and settings in the COM chips so Palm "reflashing" then to Sprints spec should be trivial and maybe they can make year end.
    Lets hope and see. For some reason... I doubt we will see a pre2 on sprint.(IMO)
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    no, the "costumers" term is a hint that it will be launched on halloween... of 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no, the "costumers" term is a hint that it will be launched on halloween... of 2011.
    I'm sure that was a typo. I know you meant 2012. 2011 is just WAY too optimistic.
    I see pandas.
    Oh please, please, please tell me this means that HPwebOS 2 is coming to my ol' fashion Pre1!! I am truly afraid that Sprint won't be able to post upgrades for the old Pre and Pixi if they can't come to a new distribution deal with HPalm.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    um according to that facebook link to matt carter, the profile was created just to comment that post (according to his history on his wall. Unless there's better verification, this means nothing
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    don't think that guy is a Sprint employee... someone just made a new profile, added the Sprint logo as their pic... and posted something to try and stop the webOS onslaught on Sprint's page.
    Quote Originally Posted by xHunt3r View Post
    don't think that guy is a Sprint employee... someone just made a new profile, added the Sprint logo as their pic... and posted something to try and stop the webOS onslaught on Sprint's page.
    +1
    Facebook?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xHunt3r View Post

or maybe perhaps it was a sprint employee, possibly higher up, that created a new profile so that it couldnt be, and wouldnt be associated with the sprint facebook page/main affiliation, to try and keep our optimism up... i like to think of the glass as half full
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    This guy is back at Facebook's Sprint page! Now it is getting funny.

Matt Carter UPDATE: My sincere apologies to the Webos community. I wanted to thank you all that posted messages asking for HP WEBOS phones to be included in our lineup of phones. Unfortunately Webos phones will no longer be available at Sprint.

The interesting thing is if you go to Sprint's executive team page, you will see a Matt Carter there...4G director or something...
    This was just posted on Matt's FB page....let's hear you weigh in on this one:

ile Sprint's Profile

Matt CarterSprint: UPDATE: My sincere apologies to the Webos community. I wanted to thank you all that posted messages asking for HP WEBOS phones to be included in our lineup of phones. Unfortunately Webos phones will no longer be available at Sprint.
    2 minutes ago
    o
    o
    o
    +
    Iam Davinci DUH - Really - that is because no company would want to partner with Sprint because they are CROOKS!
    a few seconds ago
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Oh my....this guy cracks me up!! I guess he had enough!!

Matt Carter UPDATE 2: I was just fired 5 minutes ago for posting the truth here. Webos users needed to hear from someone. I'm now definitely moving to Verizon to get my Pre 2 I was forced to use an Android phone for the last 6 months. Now I'm free again!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Matt Carter UPDATE 2: I was just fired 5 minutes ago for posting the truth here. Webos users needed to hear from someone. I'm now definitely moving to Verizon to get my Pre 2 I was forced to use an Android phone for the last 6 months. Now I'm free again!
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    He is moving to Verizon to get Pre2!!! :-)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quite comedic.
    is Sprint opting to wait to carry the NEW super phone coming in 2011 and not the Pre 2 mini upgrade?

if that is the case it would be nice to know otherwise i will have to replace my original launch Pre with the Pre 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast