Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So both Nitoxy and Jackson have been talking about the roadrunner HD or c40 or maybe they are the same device will be coming to sprint with:

1GHz dual core
    3.7 IPS screen
    4G
    vertical slider
    512 RAM
    WebOS 2.0.1
    High Res. Display (800 x 480 +)

So I am over the palm pre 2, dont want to talk about it and I am fully interested in the next phone supposedly coming o sprint
    I believe those are mythical. Take all that (and a bag of chips) - the screen size/res. And you have the Pre2.
    edit: oh, also - the dual core part. sorry bout that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I believe those are mythical. Take all that (and a bag of chips) - the screen size/res. And you have the Pre2.
    well, not mythical but could have been scrapped. We for sure know the c40 existed at some point in time.

BTW, remember all these apps that were able to capture the palm roadrunner device in their app logs? did any of them get a palm roadrunner HD device or were they all just roadrunner?
    800 x 480 would be a failure, they need to come out with 720p or i which ever one is for screen resolution
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Plus 1Gb for RAM and cloud storage and a KICK a virtual keyboard, only and only then would we bring people to webOS, otherwise people will just ignore it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/20/2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    So both Nitoxy and Jackson have been talking about the roadrunner HD or c40 or maybe they are the same device will be coming to sprint with:

1GHz dual core
    3.7 IPS screen
    4G
    vertical slider
    512 RAM
    WebOS 2.0.1
    High Res. Display (800 x 480 +)

So I am over the palm pre 2, dont want to talk about it and I am fully interested in the next phone supposedly coming o sprint
    Gotta agree, the pre 2 is clearly not the superphone many of us where hoping for. Those specs would be perfect for me. The RAM is fine, as the pre 2 has shown it can have about 54 apps open before the too many cards warning. Realistically, when would you ever have that many apps open?
    isn't there another c40 thread around here somewhere
    Realistically what is missing in palm pre? Software or hardware? Everyone says they love the OS and multitasking and notifications but would not recommend pre to friends and families due to hardware issues.

If Palm makes hardware just close to iphone-4 and Droid X or Droid Global, no one is going to buy palm. Only people who would buy it will be people who had palm phones and want to update their hardwares. Palm will not be able to sell a iphone-4 hardware caliber phone to masses 7-10 months after iphone -4 came out. What they need to do is built such a kick *** hardware that iphone and droids need to catch up to us in next 6 months. Then masses will buy palm pre because it is the best hardware, What they need is
    --- atleast 3.7 inch screen,
    dual core processor before motorola or HTC release it & they will release it soon
    1Gb RAM, I know 500G is enough right now, but again we need to build a beast of a device to get the masses
    Option of 4G
    Front facing camera
    resolution better than 960x640 maybe 720
    A 1500mA battery
    I swear if palm pre has only this hardware upgrades and NOTHING else, millions of people would buy it. On the other hand if they came out with a lame *** pre-3 with 1.3 single core processor, 512 MB RAM, 840x480 resolution, it will be like pre -2, with only people upgrading are the ones with pre. That would be end of Palm and H/P would take over.
    That would be end of Palm and H/P would take over.
    I think that already happened.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Realistically what is missing in palm pre? Software or hardware? Everyone says they love the OS and multitasking and notifications but would not recommend pre to friends and families due to hardware issues.

If Palm makes hardware just close to iphone-4 and Droid X or Droid Global, no one is going to buy palm. Only people who would buy it will be people who had palm phones and want to update their hardwares. Palm will not be able to sell a iphone-4 hardware caliber phone to masses 7-10 months after iphone -4 came out. What they need to do is built such a kick *** hardware that iphone and droids need to catch up to us in next 6 months. Then masses will buy palm pre because it is the best hardware, What they need is
    --- atleast 3.7 inch screen,
    dual core processor before motorola or HTC release it & they will release it soon
    1Gb RAM, I know 500G is enough right now, but again we need to build a beast of a device to get the masses
    Option of 4G
    Front facing camera
    resolution better than 960x640 maybe 720
    A 1500mA battery
    I swear if palm pre has only this hardware upgrades and NOTHING else, millions of people would buy it. On the other hand if they came out with a lame *** pre-3 with 1.3 single core processor, 512 MB RAM, 840x480 resolution, it will be like pre -2, with only people upgrading are the ones with pre. That would be end of Palm and H/P would take over.
    I suppose you want all this never before used hardware at $199 w/ contract too? Good luck with that.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I suppose you want all this never before used hardware at $199 w/ contract too? Good luck with that.
    No, It'll most likely be $299.99 with contract. The Pre 2 will be $99.99 after a MIR.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    3.8" with dual core 1 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 5MP AF camera with 720p recording and 1 MP front facing camera, 16Gb and 32Gb versions, 960x640, vertical slider with gorilla glass screen, GPS, 4G/3G, Bluetooth 3.0, Wifi and less than 14 mm thickness = WebOS NIRVANA!!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    No, It'll most likely be $299.99 with contract. The Pre 2 will be $99.99 after a MIR.
    any new news?
    The posts about the next superphone to totally have to have at least 1 GB of RAM are just plain silly.

Even the 512 MB are *not* *actually* *used* in practice.

Reviewers started > 50 apps before they ran into issues.
    50 apps (including several 3D games) were running fine on Pre 2.

Nobody actually runs even half of that. Why would you, I or anybody want to have several 3D games run at the same time? That's fun for show off at review time - but will anyone actually run more than 10-20 apps even in extreme cases?

So what's the point of having 1 GB (which means extra cost = higher price BTW) of RAM when more than half of that will never be used?

The rest of the list is overblown also. We all have our little preferences - but's a mistake to assume that what I think is cool is universally cool.

"At least 3.7" screen"? That assumes that bigger is better when it comes to screens - which ignores the fact that this also adds size (duh), weight, power drain and cost to the phone. Of course a larger screen is good *by itself* - but smaller and lighter is good too. In between people have a variety of preferences where they compromise between the extremes.

Front facing cameras are a minority interest.
    4G is IMHO overrated atm - given coverage and prices. It's main use would be for video calls - and again most people don't use that anyway.

The best strategy of course is to add a range of form factors to capture the largest possible range of customer preferences.

Of course I would welcome cool features (as long as I don't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use like useless RAM). Autofocus would be nice, higher resolution (display and video recording) is nice.

But many of the "must haves" that get listed - are not must haves for the general market - just for the guy posting it. Especially when it comes to silly things like 1 GB of RAM this seems to be more about bragging rights and less about useful features that are worth any money.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Gotta agree, the pre 2 is clearly not the superphone many of us where hoping for. Those specs would be perfect for me. The RAM is fine, as the pre 2 has shown it can have about 54 apps open before the too many cards warning. Realistically, when would you ever have that many apps open?
    Yeah, but according to Engadgets review it still get the tmc message even with no cards open.

"We also had a handful of "too many card" notices, sometimes even when we had no cards open. It's possible that this may be due to memory leaks from apps, but a user should hardly ever see this message. We eventually had to do a soft reset to get the handset performing normally again."
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    it will be here most likely in Jan. Sometime but should not be sooner . Unless they are pulling a surprise release . Remember the pre 2 was supposed to be released a few months ago but the merger stopped it so the next phone should have been before the holidays . So with that in mind I would say Jan.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    1gb of ram? dual core cpu? lol why would anyone need that on their phone, 512 is plenty for any phone, simply adding more stuff in only makes the phone way more expensive then it needs to be.

Infact bar screen size (resolution plays no part with a screen that small) the pre2 has most of the specs of Htcs and the iphone. Only thing missing is probably HD recording (can be added in an update like the desire got) and a compass?
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    The posts about the next superphone to totally have to have at least 1 GB of RAM are just plain silly.

Even the 512 MB are *not* *actually* *used* in practice.

Reviewers started > 50 apps before they ran into issues.
    50 apps (including several 3D games) were running fine on Pre 2.

Nobody actually runs even half of that. Why would you, I or anybody want to have several 3D games run at the same time? That's fun for show off at review time - but will anyone actually run more than 10-20 apps even in extreme cases?

So what's the point of having 1 GB (which means extra cost = higher price BTW) of RAM when more than half of that will never be used?

The rest of the list is overblown also. We all have our little preferences - but's a mistake to assume that what I think is cool is universally cool.

"At least 3.7" screen"? That assumes that bigger is better when it comes to screens - which ignores the fact that this also adds size (duh), weight, power drain and cost to the phone. Of course a larger screen is good *by itself* - but smaller and lighter is good too. In between people have a variety of preferences where they compromise between the extremes.

Front facing cameras are a minority interest.
    4G is IMHO overrated atm - given coverage and prices. It's main use would be for video calls - and again most people don't use that anyway.

The best strategy of course is to add a range of form factors to capture the largest possible range of customer preferences.

Of course I would welcome cool features (as long as I don't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use like useless RAM). Autofocus would be nice, higher resolution (display and video recording) is nice.

But many of the "must haves" that get listed - are not must haves for the general market - just for the guy posting it. Especially when it comes to silly things like 1 GB of RAM this seems to be more about bragging rights and less about useful features that are worth any money.

Remember there is no money to be made, if pre-2 or pre-3 has lackluter sale. It is the mindset that Palm want. So its ok to have 1GB RAM and sell more devices even though the profit margin is low. I rather have a device sellling like hot cakes at 200 dollar a unit, then a device selling at 200 dollars the first month, 150 next, 100 next, 50 next, free then and then with extra 50 dollar gift card because its NOT selling. So its essential they introduce 1GB RAM, even if it is not needed because Motorola and HTC will bring it out.
    i love the pre, and i do mean LOVE the pre, thats y i am on my 6th pre and have not even thought about switching to that lack-luster robot platform. i think the size is good, not terrible, but with the multitude of 4in+ phones in the market place, its almost as if it has become a standard for handhelds. im NOT saying it is at all, but the one thing i agree on at LEAST, and could honestly say it would be nice to have, is at least a 3.8in screen on the next HPalm device. im 26 and have GREAT vision, with no problems reading any pages on the phone, but im to the point where only bigger=better, and some may not agree, but i think it is in their best interest as the a-typical consumer to increase the screen size to at least 3.8in cuz that seems to be the sweet spot for right now...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    'you will never need more than 640K, huh?' ... Gtho with that.

so, clearly you have never used 4G. And thank god your 'opinion' doesn't count.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast