1.    #1  
    been seeing the hp printers w tablets in the stores, and I thought if my $499 would get me a webOS tablet and printer with the printer as a docking station, it will actually be not that bad.

Would you guys buy it?
    maybe maybe not...don't know how enthusiastic I am about printers, considering when I bought my desktop a little over 2 years ago, I still have the same printer/scanner/copier/fax machine, that collects a fair amount dust. Works fine, I think I may have gone through 3, maybe 4 ink changes in it since I got it(including what it came with). They'd have to sugar coat that deal, pour some syrup on it, chocolate sauce, whip cream & a cherry, me thinks. Living in a digital age, where emails not mails are the norm, digital picture frames that hold whole photo albums and then some, even the fax machine is (although it's clinging on for whatever reason) slowly being faded out. I just don't see the benefit of a printer anymore, from a non-business perspective.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    ill have to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    ill have to pass.
    How much would you be willing to pay?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Ink cost, print speed, and print quality determine what printer I buy.
    Can't figure out if this scheme would be to move stagnating printers, or tablets that can't stand on their own. If their current crop of printer/tablet combos aren't exciting the market, I don't see how wOS changes the equation.
    did the OP actually see this, ir is it just pure speculation?
    I still see no need to own a tablet, and never will tbh, I mean it does a little more then my phone but not the things I would need a laptop for. but thats just me
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did the OP actually see this, ir is it just pure speculation?
    I think he might have seen an Android tablet/HP printer pairing and was speculating on a webOS tablet pairing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I still see no need to own a tablet, and never will tbh, I mean it does a little more then my phone but not the things I would need a laptop for. but thats just me
    ^ this.
    Does tablet have ability to edit spreadsheets? Yes?! I'll consider it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I think he might have seen an Android tablet/HP printer pairing and was speculating on a webOS tablet pairing.
    well, that 'android tablet' is hamstrung and does little more than control the printer, so it would have to be a fully functional webOS tablet to be at all interesting.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I already own a PhotoSmart Premium (the original one without all the web connectivity) and honestly it has so many bells and whistles that I rarely use I can't imagine a need for a better printer. I mean with one click I can set a stack of double sided docs on the auto feeder and scan them all, both sides, to a PDF file. Or set a stack of old photos on the auto feeder and in one click scan them to all separate files of my choice. Point is most people have a more than adequate printer as it is. Now give me an option to print web pages from my Pre natively not through email and I'll be happy.

- Phil -
  14.    #14  
    yes I saw the ones with the Android tablet.
    I would like an app to let me print from phone to printer, I have a hp photosmart with wifi and such, so really It should have no problems..
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Would consider buying if the printer had a relatively small footprint. Home printer is networked, so I can print to it from other rooms in the house. However, it would be nice not to have a small printer in the family room if it did not take up too much space.
    I would totally buy it. I'm sure it wouldn't be a stand alone full functioning tablet with front and rear facing cameras but it would be something with a larger screen to surf the web in the living room and read twitter while watching TV. I do hope that it has the full version of WebOS in it though (I'd assume it would). If they treated webOS like they did Android, stripping it down and leaving off the App Catalog, I'd be out at that price. But allow me to play 3D games on it downloadable from the palm app catalg, and it is a great device.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ugh, that would just be so horribly stereotypical HP that I might die. I don't need any printers! I'm so tired of ink prices. If I need something printed, I'll print it at work ;-)
    HP could very well subsidize a tablet by bundling it with a multifunction device (these things aren't just printers, folks). After all, they sell their MFDs at cost (or less, maybe) because they want to sell the ink. It's the old razor-blade strategy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Tried the latest ePrint printer from HP and I wasn't impressed. For one it weighed in Over a 1lb which seemed like a lot for something on 6 or 7 inches wide.

OS was very centric for Android and not at all intuitive...should have seen me trying to backswipe in the non-existant gesture area.

On the positive side, plenty of app support from HP, Walt Disney, and the list goes on that will probably migrate to webOS and similar devices. Sorli...