Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hire the top hardware designer away from HTC.
    Im sure he is making good money right now. Thats would cost some serious pocket change.....which we all know HP has.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    <<Thread renamed>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    HP knows how to make solid hardware. They dont need anyone.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm sure HP can put together a top of the line phone for a reasonable cost. I mean hardware is the main part of their business, so they have the expertize to do it....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    HP knows how to make solid hardware. They dont need anyone.
    But they've never designed a good looking mobile phone, let alone one that sells well today. Designing good laptops and good mobile phones are not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    How do I save the 5 seconds of my life that I wasted opening up this thread?
    Oh no, this can't be right... I'm thanking UntidyGuy?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Am i the only one who likes the design of this phone? (looks wise) to ke htc only has a few good looking phones. Most of them are just blocks that look alike and fit giant screens. I like samsungs designs and dells designs and even som of lg's because alot of their phones are different. But htc meh.. I like the design of the hero other then that not really. Maybe im just sick of the iphpne clonning look. I like the design of the new pre and would be 100% happy with a 3.5-4 inch screened version of that with dula core 1ghz processor 512 mb ram, 5 mp camera with a high quality lens/ sensor, better flash, and autofocus as well as touch focus/ brightness focus hd recording, front faceing camera with universal support, and a better battery. Oh and retina like, display

Ps. Physical keyboard please. Been using itpuch for posting lately and i prefer the smaller physocal keyboard as it doesnt cover the screen, though a virtual keyboard for landscape would be fine. If a physical one is present
    1- Get a DMC Delorean 2- Flux capacitor.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    1- Get a DMC Delorean 2- Flux capacitor.
    don't forget the 1.21 Gigawatts!!

Quote Originally Posted by xHunt3r View Post
    don't forget the 1.21 Gigawatts!!

And You Must Travel At Exactly 88 mph!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Or next time he could just choose not to reply to the post.
    Nothing wrong with the design of the original Pre just poor execution. I think the Pre and now the Pre 2 are some of the better looking phones out there. What are the requirements to be an HTC designer? All their phones look the same. They are all rectangular slabs in different screen sizes. It's hard to even see their design language.

I am hoping all the build quality issues have been addressed with the Pre 2. I am drooling just thinking about the new glass screen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Hire the top hardware designer away from HTC.
    are you kidding, so we can have a big ugly piece of like the evo
    HTC does have some of the most successful phones on the market today, but I would say it is due to Android and the hardware under the hood, not the phone's physical design. I've had my hands on just about every HTC phone model ever made, and I have to say, when it comes to design, they aren't really that impressive. In fact the earlier models like the Harrier, Apache and Mogul were pretty ugly. Nowadays they're pretty hard to tell apart--they're all slabs with huge screens, with or without a keyboard. Doesn't take much of a designer to do that. Despite any other issues they may have, no one can deny that the Pre and the Pixi very much have their own aesthetic signature.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    are you kidding, so we can have a big ugly piece of like the evo
    No, so we can have a great looking phone like the Nexus One or the G2.

http://handies.phandroid.com/media/n...816018-806.jpg
    http://handies.phandroid.com/media/n...816018-806.jpg

http://www.t-mobile.com/images/png/p.../250x270_1.png
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 10/21/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    How do we even know HTC has one guy designing all of their products? I'm pretty sure it's just a bunch of Taiwanese guys sitting around in a circle designing by committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Following the above steps in the same order or u will end up in Jurassic era.
    Ehh they still have people at palm as well, but picking up more designers cant hurt.
    LMAO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast