1.    #1  
    makes sense to me. HP bought palm for the OS and plans multiple devices. Palm is known for phones and Rubenstein is a master of the small form factor. So phones remain palm with Ruby in charge of design, and webos is HP and built for multiple devices. Anything under, say 6 inches of screen is palm, the rest HP.

makes sense, right?
    I jusy think it's cause webOS is gonna show you on a lot of HP branded products.
    I think all new phones introduced after the Pre 2 will be branded HP.

Since the Pre 2 was the last Palm device, they let it be the way it is, but renamed the OS anyway to start building steam around it.

Another thought: Considering that HP licensed the PalmPad name, the phones launched at CES along with the tablet might also have the Palm tag in the phone name.

Example: HP Palm1 or HP PalmPilot
    Lots of things have gone to HP, such as touchstone. TBH it doesnt bother me, we still have the PALM pre2 and the PALMpad, so its all good
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    makes sense to me. HP bought palm for the OS and plans multiple devices. Palm is known for phones and Rubenstein is a master of the small form factor. So phones remain palm with Ruby in charge of design, and webos is HP and built for multiple devices. Anything under, say 6 inches of screen is palm, the rest HP.

makes sense, right?
    It would make more sense if HP hadn't sent over 200 people to Palm, many of them in the leadership and middle management positions. The ad that just dropped into my email inbox makes the word Palm look like a model name more than a brand name with HP as the brand name.
    I bet the call all the webOS devices Palms...
    Maybe Palm will become the low-to-medium end brand and upcoming superphones / top-of-the-line models will be branded HP.

Or the other way around.
    Considering Palm is now re-branded "HP Palm" everywhere, I think the Palm part is here to stay on smartphones.

They will just keep calling it "HP Palm"

expect to see both logos on the back of your phones come CES 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Considering Palm is now re-branded "HP Palm" everywhere, I think the Palm part is here to stay on smartphones.

They will just keep calling it "HP Palm"

expect to see both logos on the back of your phones come CES 2011
    Agreed. I think Palm will be like a sub-brand. I fully expect to see an hp logo on new hardware from here on out. I'm actually kind of surprised not to see the hp logo in webOS at all. Perhaps it will show up in the production build.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer