View Poll Results: How will WebOS be affected by no Sprint Pre?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • They'll still have a net gain in new users

9 13.85%
  • They'll end up with the same total number of users

10 15.38%
  • They'll have a slight loss in total users

29 44.62%
  • They'll have a HUGE loss in total users

17 26.15%
  1.    #1  
    I've read elsewhere that approximately 60% of all WebOS users are on Sprint. Those users have no new Palm phone in the foreseeable future. So how will this affect WebOS numbers?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    they=who?
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    meh

won't matter
    hpalm can gain those numbers in other markets/carriers easily
    they need a sprint version. that is where most of their customer base is at.
    sprint will get something running webOS, even if they don't offer the Pre2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    they=who?
    HP/WebOS! Did you not read the post? The question is how it will affect WEBOS. Guess who owns WebOS? HP. I even said, "So how will this affect WebOS numbers? "
    I think the net "gain" they'll get from verizon users switching to a pre will be minimal when compared to how many webos users on sprint will switch to a new device. While this board may not be an accurate representations, just look at how many sprint users have switched to andriod in the past couple of months compared to how many verizon users are on this site.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    meh

won't matter
    hpalm can gain those numbers in other markets/carriers easily
  9.    #9  
    I don't see how WebOS gets gains in other markets when their whole thing is about one consistent experience across all your devices. A big part of making HP's WebOS successful is having a WebOS phone, Tablet, printer, etc. Without the successful phone, I don't see anyone taking the plunge on a tablet. The reason the iPad has done so well is because it is based on the success of the iPhone. The MAJORITY of customers will not even try out the webos tablet if the phone is a flop. They'll just say, "I heard WebOS sucked and didn't work well on the phones."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I think the net "gain" they'll get from verizon users switching to a pre will be minimal when compared to how many webos users on sprint will switch to a new device. While this board may not be an accurate representations, just look at how many sprint users have switched to andriod in the past couple of months compared to how many verizon users are on this site.
    And actually, if you go to androidcentral.com, you'll find a LOT (and I do mean a lot) of former webOS users now on Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    And actually, if you go to androidcentral.com, you'll find a LOT (and I do mean a lot) of former webOS users now on Android.
    I find this too. Like the Evo forum is full of past webos users.
    As long as the Super HP webOS phone announced at CES will be on Sprint, none of this will matter.

If not...see ya H/Palm from most Sprint webOS users.
    Did the poll intend to be listed as "No Sprint Pre 2"

Also, doesn't make any reference to a real HP/Palm device (which is what Sprint might actually want) and not the minor spec bump which is the Pre 2.

Also, WebOS 2.0 is still coming to the original Sprint Pre's which is what the poll is actually trying to gauge but doesn't list the other variables as choices within the poll.

I'm just sayin..... lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I find this too. Like the Evo forum is full of past webos users.
    yeah and most of them miss webos. the evo is a nice phone but soon to be outdated.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    As far as I'm concerned it won't be Palm that loses a customer, it will be Spint.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah and most of them miss webos. the evo is a nice phone but soon to be outdated.
    lol....o'rly? How'd you come to both of those conclusions? The Evo is still selling well and I came to my conclusion of a lot of past Pre users on the evo forums through statistically data:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...06-13-22PM.png

If you have data to back up your statement that most miss webos, that would be nice. Or if you have data that the Evo is soon to be outdated (by what exactly?) please also let us know.

I agree, i'm sure there are people that miss WebOS....or hell people who came back...or people who don't hate WebOS and miss some features.

But men lie, women lie, numbers don't. The Evo is simply selling better than the Pre.
    I'm happy.. I have Verizon.

But my phone update isn't due until Christmas of NEXT year

But, I gotta admit, Sprint users do deserve a new WebOS phone.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I've read elsewhere that approximately 60% of all WebOS users are on Sprint. Those users have no new Palm phone in the foreseeable future. So how will this affect WebOS numbers?
    Sprint loses more customers on a monthly basis than "60% of all webOS users." No webOS phone will have little effect on their bottom line if it's sales are at all like their last "flagship" webOS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Sprint loses more customers on a monthly basis than "60% of all webOS users." No webOS phone will have little effect on their bottom line if it's sales are at all like their last "flagship" webOS phone.
    How sad then that Sprint was Palm's biggest winner in sales. At one point, sprint had 70% of palm's base. I'd guess its around 60% now.

A Pre 2 on sprint would sell much better than one on verizon.