1.    #1  
    First we had the very webOS-like multitasking on the Blackberry Playbook.

http://myberryisblack.com/wp-content...y-playbook.jpg

Next up, the notifications system on the new Blackberry Style.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....yle-9670-1.jpg

(PS: for whatever reason I was not given the option to insert images)
    the sad thing is if Palm doesnt get their act together a lot of webOS folk would be willing to go over to RIM after this.
    palm always has great ideas, but they were a bit short on execution.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    the sad thing is if Palm doesnt get their act together a lot of webOS folk would be willing to go over to RIM after this.
    I'm one of those. Palm has been devoting all its attention to the video games etc., and not spending time working on the business fundamentals. If the Torch comes to Sprint before the Pre does I'll definitely consider switching over.
    lol I'm still satisfyed with my pre, the only additonal feature that rim offers that I may slightly be intrested in is BBM. I don't drool over every new piece of hardware that comes out.
    have you seen there new commeeicals? I got to admit they took a page from the 'good' Palm commercials and did it better. RIM really just talked about the mutiple features (like Palm tried to do but failed) and did a good job @ it.
    I like cross polination of the best ideas, as long as all the companies keep inovating. Hopefully, webos 2.0 shows that palm is still inovating, or else that hp is getting palm in gear to do so
    All the Blackberry devices are basically from 2008, hardware-wise. In other words, they're worthless.
    The Torch's processor is about the same as the Pre's, which is to say that it's acceptable, but it's certainly not at the level of the Pre 2 or the other superphones out there.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    All the Blackberry devices are basically from 2008, hardware-wise. In other words, they're worthless.
    +1! The lipstick looks nice but it's the same lips over, and over...
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    +1! The lipstick looks nice but it's the same lips over, and over...
    That's a good one

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    this is one reason why bb will fail... Copy what some1 else did dosnt make your stuff the latest and greatest...and I wonder what will happen when the "first" multi-taskin tablet get released to the public after the palm pad?
    You should hear the guys over at Engadget talk about BB. They are a joke. However, if they replace the BB OS with on the phones with the one on their tablet, we will have something to worry about!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    You should hear the guys over at Engadget talk about BB. They are a joke. However, if they replace the BB OS with on the phones with the one on their tablet, we will have something to worry about!
    That's exactly what I would like to see. I'm a webos user since day one and currently on my 7th Pre, but if BB port the tablet OS to a phone with good specs I think webos would be in trouble. Think about it webOS is good but crapy hardware and yes I know HP is working on them, but the BB tablet OS on a phone won't make it hard for me to switch to since it's similar to our webos.

So I would love to see that happen

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I prefer cross-pollination. Just because Palm developed it first doesn't mean that they a) did it best or b) were the only ones to think of it. Notification popups at the bottom (or top) of the screen is pretty logical to me and is not a radical idea. Same with "cards" (ie. windows), pinch-to-zoom, the concept of a gesture area, etc. The real innovation is behind the scenes, like how Synergy works, robustness of core PIM functions, etc.

I also like when smartphones use similar interfaces because it lessens the learning curve a lot. Especially on Blackberries, which have always had the worst and least intuitive UIs.
    They're not really copying Palm. That type of "album" display (also called "cover switch") has been around for a long time. KDE's been using it for linux for years. WebOS merely builds off that as does blackberry.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4.1_beta_1.png
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I have my eyes on the BB tablet