Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    after seeing virox's palmpad i was inspired to design one myself....

its still in the VERY early (somewhat crappy) stages, but i thought i would post anyway just to see it i could get some ideas from the community....

i havent done the software part yet.... i just did a quick hardware render...

i wanted it to be a slab but not an ipad clone so i added the speakers along the top and bottom.... (and it still looks like an ipad.... damn! lol)

IM NOWHERE NEAR BEING FINISHED BUT WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IDEAS...

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...pt-palmpad.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not a fan of big bezels. But if it's got some nice speakers in there, than I could definitely learn to cope!

looks nice though. I can't wait till the palmpad actually comes out. Hopefully it's before my "device allowance" I've given myself burns a hole in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i'm not a fan of big bezels. But if it's got some nice speakers in there, than i could definitely learn to cope!

Looks nice though. I can't wait till the palmpad actually comes out. Hopefully it's before my "device allowance" i've given myself burns a hole in my pocket.
    i'll work on a smaller bezel
    It looks awesome. If you keep the big bezels, use them as extra gesture areas.
    Nice, but I agree... get that bezel waaaay down and put a gesture area on the right side also. That way you get gesture areas no matter if you are in portrait or landscape.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice, but I agree... get that bezel waaaay down and put a gesture area on the right side also. That way you get gesture areas no matter if you are in portrait or landscape.
    Interesting concept, but I would argue for the larger bezel and having gesture areas on all four sides. That way you get portrait or landscape AND left or right handed.

Plus having gesture areas on all 4 sides would be really interesting -- that would mean there is no real "top" or "bottom" (or left or right for that matter). This could got for a cool name like the "HP Mirror running webOS". No need to know which direction to hold it, not matter which way you pick it up, it just works!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    slightly smaller bezel, and have it more portrait oriented instead of landscape.
    IMHO

looks nice though. I like the hidden speakers.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!