1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted your opinion regarding can HP|Palm challenge Blackberry in Enterprise market.
    They have Pre 2 which is a good offering it is a balance between personal and professional functionality.
    They would launch new devices next year and even they would launch the PalmPad next year.
    They are already in printers,servers and god know what all things in the enterprise things,so they can offer the complete package.
    And except for BBM,blackberry doesn't offer anything great and Overall I personally think BBM sucks big time and blackberry services are overrated.
    And I read some in one of the pre central post that due to recession companies are cutting costs and stopping undue service such as blackberry server on their network.
    And Palm Pre can easily replicate the Blackberry enterprise mail solution in webOs 2 it already have VPN incorporated in it.
    I read somewhere(maybe engadget) that even JPMorgan is allowing its iPhone user to access their enterprise mails which was only allowed on the blackberry device and JPMorgan has stopped buying and giving new blackberry devices to its employee,this was followed by one more top 100 fortune company I don't remember the name.

Right now Blackberry is leaning on its past laurel when no other company could offer email on the go as blackberry did but now everyone has catched up or even overtaken blackberry in regards to mails and other functionality.
    And even big companies are not brand conscious they are more into cost cutting and they are ready to look at different avenue which will provide them better and cheaper service which can be given by HP easily.
    So what your opinion in this matter.
    yes, EAS takes the value of BBES away, making BB vulnerable to webOS and WinP7 - IMHO
    According to research firm Gartner, RIM's American smartphone market share dropped to 41 percent in the first quarter, down from 55 percent in the year-ago period.

Read more: RIM's BlackBerry grip on the enterprise may be slipping - FierceWireless RIM's BlackBerry grip on the enterprise may be slipping - FierceWireless
    Subscribe: Wireless News, Wireless Newsletter - FierceWireless
    According to this article Blackberry is loosing it market share to all other smart phone makers that offer Microsoft Exchange corporate email including the iPhone. It seems that in this economy companies cant afford the cost of providing their employees cell phones to access their corporate email servers and Microsoft Exchange offers a good alternative that permits employees to use their personal smart phones instead of having company furnished devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    According to this article Blackberry is loosing it market share to all other smart phone makers that offer Microsoft Exchange corporate email including the iPhone. It seems that in this economy companies cant afford the cost of providing their employees cell phones to access their corporate email servers and Microsoft Exchange offers a good alternative that permits employees to use their personal smart phones instead of having company furnished devices.
    So this mean Palm can target the Enterprise Market and try to take the share of blackberry devices.
    But except for BBM and Enterprise mails are they any other services which are exclusively offered by Blackberry.
    I have heard only these two services,so if they are any others which are required by the corporate clients and which Palm can offer in the near future then palm has a nice future ahead.
    I have a feeling the more blackberries become the phone "every teen" must have, it will loose its business centric feel, their new OS also looks a lot more media centric.

It is more then do-able but then iphone does stand in the way
    It's very doable. Although, I think the press may come more from what HP can do that really nobody else can, offer a one-stop-shop for all your enterprise IT needs. In business-to-business commerce this is a significant advantage, having one source for sales and support of essentially all your IT products.

Gargoyle
    <<Thread moved>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer