Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    -battery usage program like what andriid has.
    -voice dialing
    -better video recording program with options
    -KICKSTAND!
    +1 on voice dialing, voice search, and speech to text for composing texts/emails.
    I just want feature parity to my Centro...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I just want feature parity to my Centro...
    What specific features did you want? I'm not trolling I just never owned a palm phone previous to the pre
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    OBEX profile for Bluetooth (for file transfer).

It's crazy that that's not there already.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    granular control of volume and notification so that turning down call volume doesn't turn down the ringer.

ability to invite users to meetings.

category field for contacts.

named (categorized) pages.

proviles (like mode switcher)

built in themes

voice dialing

a gps radio that works.

outlook sync (currently requited a $40 product from a third party).

shortcut keys for moving the cursor.

and many more. Somewhere around here is a thread with a much longer list. If you look at everything rolled into the combo patches (advanced config for app launcher, mode switcher, and device menu, and you will have a good start..

and about 80% of the patches currently available from homebrewers. I have more than 70 on my phone to make it usable.

another way to look at it is all the stuff that blackberry does that the pre doesn't have yet.

I love my pre, but without preware and homebrew developers, I would still be using my centro.
    i would really love to see the phone have an led with the front facing camera for night time video chat. like HP laptops have. =)
    i also noticed that the mock up Palm Superior HD by jbarajasp has the pretty cool 'Minimize' feature, thats something that palm should adopt.
    Last edited by iFreDDyz; 10/19/2010 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    +1 on voice dialing, voice search, and speech to text for composing texts/emails.
    What he said...+1
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    Dedicated camera button with an app that runs in the background or somehow I can grab my phone press the camera button and it snaps a pic immediately while pulling up the app (or as quickly as possible).

Laser so I can play with my cats and take pics/video simultaneously. (hehe)
    I like this idea. Maybe clicking once launches the camera, double clicking takes the quickpic, and holding activates the LED flashlight?
    voice dialling with de-slur function.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    what smaller features would you like to see that can really make for a better user experience?
    Gapless audio playback
    podcasts integrated into the music player
    automatically save a place in an mp3 when the player closes
    Clear contact pictures when syncing with google accounts
    silent camera shutter
    ability to choose the resolution and quality when taking pictures and video.
    wifi file syncing with my computer
    a dialer screen that's NOT green. Black preferably.
    access my youtube account through the youtube program.
    automatically grab the website icon and use it for the first page when you hit "Web" icon. you know how if a bookmark shows up it's just a bad image of a corner of the webpage? they should use the website icon that appears in the browser bar instead so it looks nice.
    Multiple Bluetooth radios so you can connect to one device to stream music and another for handsfree calling.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Gapless audio playback
    podcasts integrated into the music player
    automatically save a place in an mp3 when the player closes
    Clear contact pictures when syncing with google accounts
    silent camera shutter
    ability to choose the resolution and quality when taking pictures and video.
    wifi file syncing with my computer
    a dialer screen that's NOT green. Black preferably.
    access my youtube account through the youtube program.
    automatically grab the website icon and use it for the first page when you hit "Web" icon. you know how if a bookmark shows up it's just a bad image of a corner of the webpage? they should use the website icon that appears in the browser bar instead so it looks nice.
    Why don't we have the ability to log into our youtube account yet via the app?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    No idea. You'd have to ask Palm. But if i did, the ability to log into my youtube account and see my favorites would have been mandatory at launch of the device or shortly after. But then again i wouldn't have launched without a Facebook app either. Palm however seems has put almost zero effort into upgrading the media centric apps like the music player and video player, etc. I guess they figured adding video recording was enough. Personally i think adding that wasn't something they planned on doing as soon as they did. people just complained enough i think they felt that had too address it. Like when your wife nags so much that you have to just take out the garbage.

like i don't think media is in any way Palm's focus. like while apple promote things like music downloads, music playback, video downloads, video chat, video recording, they had a music centric conference the other week, new ipod touches, hd recording. By contrast web0S 2.0 brings things like stacks. I just think they have two different focuses and two different mentalities. HPs basically a printer and computer and enterprise networking company, Palm was like phones and the equivalent of a digital dayplanner calender company. Apple has morphed into a media delivery (Itunes), media player (iphone, ipod, appletv) media content delivery sort of focused company. I'm sure there are things apple doesn't focus on too though, like notificications. But i don't have an iphone.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 10/19/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    just saw this at android central
    new version of youtube app. much more robust. you can see comments, settings, log in to your account, select the resolution, make comments, like and dislike videos. That's all i noticed. not sure there is much more to do on youtube other then that though, really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12