1.    #1  
    the battery of pre and pre plus is known to be not enough for daily use for quite large amount of user

pre 2 seems equip with the same battery as pre and pre plus
    the cpu is also 200 percent more efficient and the OS has tons of battery saving updates.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    the cpu is also 200 percent more efficient and the OS has tons of battery saving updates.
    We don't really know enough to quantify that, unfortunately.

The Pre 2 chip is anticipated to be the latest TI OMAP3 design (thats a single core CPU, veruses the much needed and almost market ready OMAP 4 dual processor), which fits into the old OMAP3 pins, but has a more efficient design, to help reduce battery cunsumption, and, can be clocked higher, as well, but reducing power consumption by half might be stretching it, not to mention the other aspects of the hardware that require battery power not benefitting from this: the camera, display, microphone/speakers.

WebOS 2 IS expected to have significant power optimizations, though, and working with the new CPU could provide considerable power efficiencies that are significant enough to be very noticable.

To address the OP's question though: battery capacity, at the current state of technology is proportionate to battery size: find a way to get a bigger battery in there, and the device will have more juice to last longer on a single charge.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    To address the OP's question though: battery capacity, at the current state of technology is proportionate to battery size: find a way to get a bigger battery in there, and the device will have more juice to last longer on a single charge.
    Considerably more battery can be inserted into the existing Pre design using lithium-polymer in a non-removable battery format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Considerably more battery can be inserted into the existing Pre design using lithium-polymer in a non-removable battery format.
    I'll keep my removable battery and my non- walled garden format, thank you!
    why can't palm just install the 1400 mugens?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I've had the Mugen 1400 for 9 months. It's one of the best $31(includes s/h) investments I've ever made!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Any chance that it's possible to cram 1500 or 1600 mAh into the same size? Or is 1400 tha absolute max?
    Last edited by jjeffcoat; 10/16/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i think even 1400mah is even pushing it

Most of the Mugens are actually around 1300 mah when you test them with Dr.Battery, and they degrade quickly

I think cramming that many cells into a small space creates more heat and they are of thinner, cheaper quality. Thus they degrade faster.

You would need to use some new battery technology to get over 1400mah and then I think the cost of manufacturing the battery would skyrocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Most of the Mugens are actually around 1300 mah when you test them with Dr.Battery, and they degrade quickly
    What I've read most Mugens have 1390mAh (like mine). Don't know (jet) how quickly they degrade.