1.    #1  
    So, we got to see the Palm Pre 2, and unless it secretly has some crazy good specs we dont know about, its not an amazing device, but just a good upgrade to the Pre.

But, there are rumours that sprint, verizon and at&t are getting ready for a release sometime in the near future.

I think that a simultaneous release on the big 3 networks would be something interesting, even with an average phone. Especially during the holidays, since it could be a gift for anyone on those networks.

Plus, here are some things I think Palm should do that would help with its reception

-Be able to get the phone GSM unlocked as well straight from HP.

-Give away the touchstone with the Pre 2 as a standard device. I think its a cool device but people dont really know what it is and dont buy it as an add-on. If they get it with the phone and an instruction manual then maybe word will catch on that its a cool thing exclusive to the Pre.

-Have a Touchstone Car Charger and mount as an option.

I think if this was included with the Pre 2, and a simultaneous big 3 release with an unlocked GSM option, would make it an enticing smartphone choice for many people during the christmas time.
    you've got more than just america though. Europe is a pretty big player. So simultaneous release on all major worldwide carriers
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I don't know what is going to happen, but selling the ts with the phone and at a proper price point would help save it from mediocrity.

And my gut is telling me verizon launch with at&t/gsm unlocked version to follow and sprint gets O.G. pre exclusively!!!!! Yippy jump for joy!!!

Again, I don't know what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    you've got more than just america though. Europe is a pretty big player. So simultaneous release on all major worldwide carriers
    The leak originated at Frances SFR network...

Just sayin...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

pricing it cheap will save it from mediocre sales.

Nothing can save it from being a mediocre device...
    the pre2 will have comparable specs to most high end devices currently available on the market. to succeed, it will need to be relatively bug free. hitting the power button needs to turn the phone on immediately, not a few seconds later. no more missed or double typed letters. no more stuck in headphone mode. no more fstab bug. wifi needs to work flawlessly; not bad with some name brand routers, but good with others.
    *sigh
    What's wrong with mediocrity? At this point, mediocrity in sales and mindshare would be a huge step up.
    I don't really think the Pre is mired in mediocrity as much as it's mired in anonymity. It's an unknown entity for the vast majority of individuals (smartphone owners and non-owners alike). The small percentage who do actually know about it, don't know much about it. And the little bit they do know is probably inaccurate.
    Honestly, Pre 2 is a snack. The next gen device will be out in 6 months. That's a total guess but it feels right
    will pre 2 come out @ same time as webos 2.0? Which I hope will have compatible api's with high end phone (the more the better). I hope the 2.0 sdk is out to many devs who make apps that webos users want from different platforms. Because an open synergy is only cool once brand names are taking advantage of all of it.

unless all of that happens, I think a subsedized pre 2 will drop to free in a matter of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    the pre2 will have comparable specs to most high end devices currently available on the market. to succeed, it will need to be relatively bug free. hitting the power button needs to turn the phone on immediately, not a few seconds later. no more missed or double typed letters. no more stuck in headphone mode. no more fstab bug. wifi needs to work flawlessly; not bad with some name brand routers, but good with others.
    I agree with you on the bugs issue, but specs wise, the only high-end devices the pre is comparable to are the ones with mediocre sales. And those have better screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    what's wrong with mediocrity? At this point, mediocrity in sales and mindshare would be a huge step up.
    lol
    palm pre 2 = fail....(meaning it wont sell well). in fact, since they cant even sell these days, they have to give them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I agree with you on the bugs issue, but specs wise, the only high-end devices the pre is comparable to are the ones with mediocre sales. And those have better screens.
    We still don't know what the screen specs are. And as far as the phone being meidiocore look at the galaxy s line of phones, the vibrant and fasinate are both full body plastic and look/feel cheap b/c of the materials and weight of the phones but both managed to pull in a combined 1 million in sales in around a month.

For all we know this phone could have an improved camera (most likely still lacking autofocus) and an improved glass screen. With this and webOS 2.0 and the better proc we could be looking at a very strong mid/low end phone.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    palm pre 2 = fail....(meaning it wont sell well). in fact, since they cant even sell these days, they have to give them away.
    unless there is a huge ad campaign and a very low price i fear that this will probably be the case
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!