Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's my entry!
    http://sorli.com/Palm-Pre-HD-Flip.jpg

Palm Pre HD - Flip - Original Video

http://sorli.com/Palm-Pre-HD-Flip.jpg

Palm Pre HD - Flip - 2001 Edition

http://sorli.com/Palm-Pre-HD_s.jpg[/CENTER]
    Last edited by sorli; 10/16/2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: 2001 Edition and Update
  2.    #2  
    May be a little late, but sequencing and rendering took longer then expected and I tried my best. Hope you like! Sorli...
    It looks unreal the way it flips
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Where would the gesture bar go?
  5.    #5  
    Gesture Bar is still there, just smaller then usual... I was planning on posting my concept and ideas about my design, but had to finish the design and render before running out of time.

Now that it's in late or otherwise, I guess I can always update and post my observations. Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 10/15/2010 at 11:53 PM.
    where's the space bar on the keyboard? is it the same as the down arrow?
    Flip is cool. Definitely would be a factor in my decision when buying.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by indamixx99 View Post
    where's the space bar on the keyboard? is it the same as the down arrow?
    Yupper, you got it! I spent a bunch of time designing the keyboard and seeing what would work and didn't work. Layout isn't perfect, but the spacing gave me some room to add Analog Controls in combination with the Spacebar in the middle and stereo speakers on the left and right. Sorli...
    Great use of the oreo effect.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I actually like it. I think having the landcape keyboard as the base orientation is the more eligant approach for this type of design. Another entry had a verticle keyboard as the primary.. I liked that too, but it looked like it would be top heavy when the screen was landscape.
    I like this design, its different but put together very well.
    we have a winner.

funny that this has built-in oreo, so no one can complain about it! That will cut returns down by 95%
    For me a physical keyboard is a priority,
    So far this does have the most potential.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Hehee

Had to laugh and was wondering when I would get that comment. Sorli...
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I actually like it. I think having the landcape keyboard as the base orientation is the more eligant approach for this type of design. Another entry had a verticle keyboard as the primary.. I liked that too, but it looked like it would be top heavy when the screen was landscape.
    I guess it could be heavy, but the rotation was originally set using Two (2) Channels that guide the rotation interface down (landscape first) and then pivots 90 Degrees and locks into Portrait using magnets for solid grip when open in both landscape or portrait mode.

5 sisters - I also agree with having a physical keyboard and wanted a design that offered both.

Speaking of the Complainers - I was going to name the unit the Palm Pre HD - Complainer simply because the unit fixes input for those that want either Landscape or Portrait keyboards. Now they have both and I hope people like it! Sorli...
    I also really like the idea of dividing the landscape keyboard into two halves. That seems like it would be a fairly ergonomic choice that would defeat my major complaint about landscape keyboards: your thumbs have to move around too much.
  17.    #18  
    That's also what I thought with the keyboard spread in landscape and divided also gave me game control options in the center for both left and right users. Sorli...

PS - love your avatar!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Have to say this is the most "thinking out of the box" design yet, nice job and great concept.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Wow, that is awesome, where do I buy one!?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast