Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I wonder who i would hear it from then? :P A horizontal keyboard can work nicely with WebOS if done correctly, but im still liking the portrait keyboard. I am not a fan of the keyboardless idea, tho it seems to be what most people want these days.
    Design elements are still there, but HP wants to diversify Palm.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Anyword on the pre 2 for at&t? I just got the pre plus last week, but I don't want to wait until next year to have a webos phone. If it's comic to at&t in novemeber than I will return the pre plus to get the pre 2. Also, what about price?
    The developer Pre 2 is UTMS and will probably use AT&T's 3G service. So there you go.
    first Ive had the Evo the same time I had my pre, and my OC pre ran just as fast or faster then the EVO at times. To me I cant consider a speed test comparison on apps like facebook, unless its the same exact application on each device. Otherwise it would not be a fair comparison which is a no brainer. though opening up stock applications like sms, email, phone etc I had pretty much the same speeds when doing so on each device, so I don't see a issue with that. Though of course the card flash to me can be interperted as a bad thing, or long loading times, though as stated it is one perception. When benched tested on my end, the times were identical (with a OC 1ghz pre). Also remember we are only on 2.0 where as Google still had a yr head start, and better funding until up to this point. So to me I still want to give HP sometime to assist Palm in optimizing Webos, and I feel not only 2.0 will be a better build, but ones in the near future will be alot better as well now that Palm has the funding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    So I've been talking to my insider to exactly why we're seeing leaks for the Pre 2 as a similar device and not seeing a newer device. I wanted the full story, and he tried to get as much information as possible from his buddies he works with in design/development.

Here is his explanation:
    The Palm Pre 2 was suppose to be release in July as a refresh to the current models. It got pushed way back due to the merger. HP decided that they still wanted to release the device as a refresh similar to Motorola and the Droid 2. This is why Sprint will not be carrying it until 2011. Sprint wants a 4G Smartphone device from HP, and the Pre 2 would not be able to support that with the current refreshed model. The devices Roadrunner and Roadrunner HD are NOT part of the current Pre refresh. Roadrunner is not the Pre 2. He did not find the codename for it, but it could be Mansion. WebOS 2.0 is scheduled to be release in November, and I still think the new device will be released in early/mid November.

HP once again pushed back the release date for the device I has specified in the earlier C40 thread. The lack of screens manufactured, time in which HP was able to sink money into Palm for screen orders and TI is behind in chip production of the OMAP4430.

So the quick info is. Refresh Now, January you get 3 devices (PalmPad, and 2 new phones).
    several folks in this thread pointed out that the pre 2 was the p102/roadrunner. according to tweet from internals and an updated webos roundup site, the pre 2 is NOT a p102, but a p103 (so... not the roadrunner).

kudos to your source.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    several folks in this thread pointed out that the pre 2 was the p102/roadrunner. according to tweet from internals and an updated webos roundup site, the pre 2 is NOT a p102, but a p103 (so... not the roadrunner).

kudos to your source.
    Huh? According to Rod, it identifies as Nova-WR-Roadrunner which seems to, as always, directly contradict Nitoxys' "source."
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Huh? According to Rod, it identifies as Nova-WR-Roadrunner which seems to, as always, directly contradict Nitoxys' "source."
    ahhh... noticed rod's response to webos roundup's p103ueu story. i stand corrected.
    So I've been talking to my insider to exactly why we're seeing leaks for the Pre 2 as a similar device and not seeing a newer device. I wanted the full story, and he tried to get as much information as possible from his buddies he works with in design/development.

Here is his explanation:
    The Palm Pre 2 was suppose to be release in July as a refresh to the current models. It got pushed way back due to the merger. HP decided that they still wanted to release the device as a refresh similar to Motorola and the Droid 2. This is why Sprint will not be carrying it until 2011. Sprint wants a 4G Smartphone device from HP, and the Pre 2 would not be able to support that with the current refreshed model. The devices Roadrunner and Roadrunner HD are NOT part of the current Pre refresh. Roadrunner is not the Pre 2. He did not find the codename for it, but it could be Mansion. WebOS 2.0 is scheduled to be release in November, and I still think the new device will be released in early/mid November.

HP once again pushed back the release date for the device I has specified in the earlier C40 thread. The lack of screens manufactured, time in which HP was able to sink money into Palm for screen orders and TI is behind in chip production of the OMAP4430.

So the quick info is. Refresh Now, January you get 3 devices (PalmPad, and 2 new phones).

My webOS excitement has been refreshed! Thanks
    Just found this:

What Happened to the Palm c40? Questions Answered WebOS World

Kinda makes sense, but everyone should take this with a grain of salt.

Here is his explanation:

hmmmm.....

PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 2.0.0
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Roadrunner
    BUILDNUMBER=70
    BUILDTIME=20101009011934
    BUILDMARK=353986
    http://forums.precentral.net/2742883-post1.html

you might want to get a more reliable source...
    we should still consider the possibility of the existence of the Roadrunner "HD" counterpart, 3.5"+ slab form factor maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Just found this:

What Happened to the Palm c40? Questions Answered WebOS World

Kinda makes sense, but everyone should take this with a grain of salt.
    Thats interesting. But these stories keep changing. So hopefully this pans out
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234