Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    maybe we should rename this phone the Rumor HD.

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    maybe we should rename this phone the Rumor HD.

I vote yes for this

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    I still doubt the iphone 4/5 multiple carrier rumor.
    I hope that HP does two sprint devices one the RRHD w/ 4g this year and a second flagship device w/ 4g that is also on all other carriers with variants a la the galaxy s line. As long as they put out a 4g device on sprint sprint is going to throw money and marketing at it. Sprint only has 2 4g devices on the market and doesn't want to be left behind when verizon hits the ground running with LTE devices next year.
    Yea those dumped may be false but up should count on it happening. But also consider in germany tmobile exclusive is up and other two carriers getting iPhone 4 so who knows.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    AT&T will dump more money Apple's way.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    So I've been talking to my insider to exactly why we're seeing leaks for the Pre 2 as a similar device and not seeing a newer device. I wanted the full story, and he tried to get as much information as possible from his buddies he works with in design/development.

Here is his explanation:
    The Palm Pre 2 was suppose to be release in July as a refresh to the current models. It got pushed way back due to the merger. HP decided that they still wanted to release the device as a refresh similar to Motorola and the Droid 2. This is why Sprint will not be carrying it until 2011. Sprint wants a 4G Smartphone device from HP, and the Pre 2 would not be able to support that with the current refreshed model. The devices Roadrunner and Roadrunner HD are NOT part of the current Pre refresh. Roadrunner is not the Pre 2. He did not find the codename for it, but it could be Mansion. WebOS 2.0 is scheduled to be release in November, and I still think the new device will be released in early/mid November.

HP once again pushed back the release date for the device I has specified in the earlier C40 thread. The lack of screens manufactured, time in which HP was able to sink money into Palm for screen orders and TI is behind in chip production of the OMAP4430.

So the quick info is. Refresh Now, January you get 3 devices (PalmPad, and 2 new phones).
    So far, this info is playing out 100% true to form.

Just sayin...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    January you get 3 devices (PalmPad, and 2 new phones).
    Do you know if that means announced or actually ready to ship?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Do you know if that means announced or actually ready to ship?
    Announced and shipped within a month and a half.. Looks like early February ship date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    okay so lets clarify all the code names and rumored devices here. Some one please correct me if there's an error:

Roadrunner = Pre 2 3G (already leaked)

Roadrunner HD/C40 = Pre 2 4G w/OMAP 4 + IPS LCD

Mansion = rumored slab device (specs unknown)

Hurricane = rumored tablet device

Broadway = rumored Pixi 2

Personally I think if the above rumored devices are true then it would make sense why Sprint reportedly passed on the roadrunner and is waiting instead on HPalm releasing the roadrunnerHD/C40 instead. That would mean the roadrunner/Pre2 device would only be released on Verizon and GSM carriers for now...

So will Sprint's version be called the "Pre 2 Plus" or "P2P" ???

This is getting confusing
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    All this talk about potential hardware + toasters are great. Am I missing the point of improving the foundation for WebOS? Don't get me wrong, I think WebOS 2.0 and new hardware during CES 2011 will be great. But I think HPalm's sauce can still be refined much more. For example:

-SPEED! Instant on! WebOS still displayed some legacy speed issues, ex. slow app load time.
    -Power management. Batteries aint gonna come much bigger or with more juices, this kernel needs some much TLC.
    -F--k the number of apps, focus on the core apps, and more importantly, quality apps. Ex. Facebook, Ebay, RSS feeds, Twiter, etc..

Everyone is aware of WebOS' potential, but that potential has never been meet or exceeded thus far. Great line up of hardware is a start, more attention to software please!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    okay so lets clarify all the code names and rumored devices here. Some one please correct me if there's an error:

Roadrunner = Pre 2 3G (already leaked)

Roadrunner HD/C40 = Pre 2 4G w/OMAP 4 + IPS LCD

Mansion = rumored slab device (specs unknown)

Hurricane = rumored tablet device

Broadway = rumored Pixi 2

Personally I think if the above rumored devices are true then it would make sense why Sprint reportedly passed on the roadrunner and is waiting instead on HPalm releasing the roadrunnerHD/C40 instead. That would mean the roadrunner/Pre2 device would only be released on Verizon and GSM carriers for now...
    IPS screen? Now that would be pretty awesome.

If the tablet had IPS too (and wacom? and sketchbook... I can dream) I might cry.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    You didn't hear it from me, but of course you did, but my friend mentioned a horizontal keyboard and a keyboard-less phone that was in pre-production (Heh get it?).
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    -SPEED! Instant on! WebOS still displayed some legacy speed issues, ex. slow app load time.
    Did you check out the Pre2-demo in the engadget show? It's insanely fast (usage and loadtimes!

Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    -Power management. Batteries aint gonna come much bigger or with more juices, this kernel needs some much TLC.
    The french review (you can find a link in the forums) mentioned a dramatically increased battery-life (3G Web from 3,5h to 5,25h f.ex., and that's with almost twice the cpuspeed)

[/offtopic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Did you check out the Pre2-demo in the engadget show? It's insanely fast (usage and loadtimes!
    While the scrolling and swiping was indeed fast, I didn't see much in the demo regarding loading new apps and boot times. In Dieter's videos, however, the boot time was improved, but still way too slow and app loads looked to be about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    While the scrolling and swiping was indeed fast, I didn't see much in the demo regarding loading new apps and boot times. In Dieter's videos, however, the boot time was improved, but still way too slow and app loads looked to be about the same.
    The same as what?

A stock Pre? No way. Significantly faster.

An OCed Pre/Pre Plus? Yes, I'd say about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    The same as what?

A stock Pre? No way. Significantly faster.

An OCed Pre/Pre Plus? Yes, I'd say about the same.
    Depends. The Facebook app took forever to load. Moreso than even what I remember when my Pre was running stock. But in any case, speeds on par with an overclocked Pre just aren't enough for me anymore. They shouldn't be enough for anybody, really. If Apple and Google can get app loading times down to almost zero on their top-tier devices, Palm should be able to as well. There shouldn't be any glowing cards whatsoever.
    Depends. The Facebook app took forever to load. Moreso than even what I remember when my Pre was running stock. But in any case, speeds on par with an overclocked Pre just aren't enough for me anymore. They shouldn't be enough for anybody, really. If Apple and Google can get app loading times down to almost zero on their top-tier devices, Palm should be able to as well. There shouldn't be any glowing cards whatsoever.
    Glowing cards are the webOS equivalent of Windows "Not Responding" message or Mac OS X's Spinning Rainbow of Death. They all keep you staring at the screen not doing anything while you hope for a status change in the near future.
    Its called interpreted vs compiled code folks, SDK apps are really just web pages so they load up webkit, maybe HP can load up a future instance of webkit for the next program that will get loaded, this might speed load times up a bit.
    What about the webOS watch?
    The Facebook app is not a good judge. It is one of the slowest loading apps around, at least the last two versions. Reloading the news feed takes forever and seriously lags the whole phone. I think it has a memory leak as well.

If webOS 2.0 flops, it won't be because of load times.
    You didn't hear it from me, but of course you did, but my friend mentioned a horizontal keyboard and a keyboard-less phone that was in pre-production (Heh get it?).
    I wonder who i would hear it from then? :P A horizontal keyboard can work nicely with WebOS if done correctly, but im still liking the portrait keyboard. I am not a fan of the keyboardless idea, tho it seems to be what most people want these days.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast